Where are all the OZies

Cyril

Still no CV's, forgot to call them today. Will do first thing in the morning, hopefully they have them but lost my address.

if worst comes to worse i cn probly pick them up on the way back from my jobs 2morow for you.... im down southside in the morning

My panhard is 1005mm, got under there tonight and had a good look around. nothing seems bent or out of place, all the rubbers in the back seem ok, nothing is loose or has any play in it. the panhard is slightly higher than the line of the diff, but not as great an angle as seen in daves pic, so i dont see it causing the problem.

im thinking maybe the mounts or the chassis maybe bent. maybe this suspension bloke will notice something i didnt.

tried to wind my torsion bars up a bit more, but i run out of adjustment, so im gonna have to slip them out and re index them.

is it hard? looks pretty simple.

i was spewing, all i wanted was another 10mm, to level the front with the back.

I might be able to borrow a MIG welder too Matt, will see what happens with this Terry on Saturday, as soon as we get it on the road I will ask my little bro.

hell yeh that would be great.

My panhard is 1005mm, got under there tonight and had a good look around. nothing seems bent or out of place, all the rubbers in the back seem ok, nothing is loose or has any play in it. the panhard is slightly higher than the line of the diff, but not as great an angle as seen in daves pic, so i dont see it causing the problem.

im thinking maybe the mounts or the chassis maybe bent. maybe this suspension bloke will notice something i didnt.

tried to wind my torsion bars up a bit more, but i run out of adjustment, so im gonna have to slip them out and re index them.

is it hard? looks pretty simple.

i was spewing, all i wanted was another 10mm, to level the front with the back.

nah i reindexed mine. piece of piss. i was a hell of alot easier with air tools though. im glad i got that compressor. has made its money worth already.

and with the problem of the diff. was that with daves old wheels on? or with yours.

Edited by jadm4x4

I only noticed it when i put Daves old wheels on, because the tyres are wider, and the offset is bigger, so they stick out more. the wheels i had on before sat well inside the gaurds, so i never noticed. maybe Dave is a dodgy wheel seller haha.

I only noticed it when i put Daves old wheels on, because the tyres are wider, and the offset is bigger, so they stick out more. the wheels i had on before sat well inside the gaurds, so i never noticed. maybe Dave is a dodgy wheel seller haha.

just check all the offsets to make shure they are the same.

oh and yeh thats dave....hahahahahahaha

Finaly, Dave will be able to get the terry dirty again.

went to get a wheel alignment done this morning, and they couldnt get the tie rods of, they sprayed heaps of stuff on them, and heated them up, but they wouldnt budge, not even with big stilsons. they reckon the alignment isnt too bad, so it should be ok. even though they spent an hour and a half on it, they didnt charge me.

put my old tyres onto Daves old rims, they only just stick out of the guards now.

went to visit the suspension man, he had a look in his little book, and reckons an adjustable panhard rod off a gq patrol will fit, they can extend from 890mm to 1100mm, only thing that might be different is the bushes, which are easy enough to replace with ones that fit. panhard rod is $270, and fitting and adjusting would add up to $400 max.

i reckon i will wait till i find a second hand one, and fit it up myself.

ordered some front sway bar rubbers, should pick them up this arvo. the old ones are realy bad, the rubers arent even sitting on anything.

i reckon i will show up tomorow, if im not still drunk.