Loose Steering?

jdub

Ok, I have noticed lately that when going around a bend on freeways I have to correct the steering.

What I mean by this is as I turn the wheel I have to turn it back the other way a little to stop the "oversteer"

Will this be solved with the install of the Steering Stabilizer?

If not what could it be?

Thanks

:beer:

yeah, it sounds like you have sloppy-a$$ tie-rods. Mine would wander and require constant input to keep it straight until i replaced them. Make sure you get an alignment afterwards or you'll ruin your tires

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I am still in the process of figuring out the left front tire vibration and the steering wobble when taking bends in the road at speed.

Does anyone know if these are the bushings that I need?

http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/nisst.html

I will also be checking out the half shaft bearings.

Thanks

I had a similar problem a while back. Bent tie rods. She drove sraight for the most part, but that "follow up" after a turn and the desire to track straightwas far from atainable. A trip to a good alignment shop will take care of this, just be sure to let them know what is happening, and let then test drive it if necessary.

M.M.

Sounds like its eithe an alignment or TREs, I am not sure what I should try first though. If I do the alignment first and it still does it then I wouuld replace the TREs and need another alignment.

How would I know if the TREs are worn?