Source for misc R50 parts?

OldGeek

I have a 96 Pathy with just few minor problems and was wondering if anyone had found a place

other than EBay to locate used parts?

I need:

1. The fan blower resistor so I have speeds beside #4.

2. The rear window defrost switch does not work, no positive click or movement, so I think it is the dash switch.

3. The cruise control switch that is on the steering wheel may be bad. The main dash CC switch lights up but it won't set.

4. The seat adjustment handle to adjust the pitch on the seat back is missing. My wife cut her finger on it and I heard about my POS truck all week. LOL

Other than those minor things, this thing is in great shape. No hurry since it is 9 degrees out today and I don't have a garage.

Thanks

Steve

I suppose it never hurts to ask... might find a magical garden of awesome buys that is hidden in the depths of the interwebs. I have yet to find it myself.

:scratchhead: Why do people go looking online for simple sh!t you can get down the street???

Depends on where you live. Here, there's only one place to get used parts and it's a complete ripoff. When I needed a new fan clutch, the price the guy quoted for me to go pull it myself was higher than the cost of getting one new from Kragen. Haven't gone back there since.

Depends on where you live. Here, there's only one place to get used parts and it's a complete ripoff. When I needed a new fan clutch, the price the guy quoted for me to go pull it myself was higher than the cost of getting one new from Kragen. Haven't gone back there since.

Did you go to the place on the main street through McKinleyville? They were always pretty cheap when I lived there.

I can't remember there ever being a wrecker in McKinleyville; it must have been quite a while ago, or at least before my interests changed and I would have noticed it. The one I went to was John's just before you hit Eureka.

Thanks for the suggestions. If I find the magical "cheap parts place" I'll pass it along. I live in Southern Illinois and there aren't many junk yards with lots of foreign cars...much less Pathys.

:togo:

About 1/2mile south of Murry Rd. on Central. (Just pulled up google map). My friend in high school lived right next door to it.

All that's there AFAIK is the dump, a body shop, and the trailer park across the street. Maybe the body shop used to be the place that you are thinking of?