Removing Door Panels

grayfox2

So my driver side window regulator is effed up apparently, and I want to fix it. I got the part from a JY all I need is how the hell you take apart the door panel. Not only that but I figured since it's coming apart I'm gonna throw in some 5x7 Infinity Reference speakers as well. Help!?

You have to take off the power window switch and the trim around the door handle, there is a screw holding the armrest down, once you get the armrest off there are 2 more screws. Then you gently pull off the door panel and lift it strait up, it is kinda hooked onto the metal part of the door.

I have the same speakers as you, you will have to cut the plastic basket to make them fit. They sound great though :D

Edited by adamzan

Clarions were stock.

ha the stock clarions suck i blew them out the first song i played with the subs and deck ha. all the rubber around the cones fell off so it was basically just paper cone left. I replaced them with some really nice 4 way clarions

He might have put in aftermarket clarions silly buns. :tongue: So remove the window switch, and by trim do you mean take a razor knife and cut around the handle?

No need to cut anything, there is a bezel around the handle that will pop right off, just slip a putty knife or trim tool uner it and it will come right off.

My point with the Clarion comment was that the aftermarket were probably using the same base as the stock Clarions, why they were a good fit. My Pyles and Eclipses 5x7s were both larger than the stock Clarion 5x7s.