Transmissions

newbiepathy95

Are there any other trannies that can match up to the orginal nissan engine. or are there any adapters that i could look at so i can get a cheaper tranny. I was thinkin that the izuzu amigo tranny would fit. if anybody knows, let me know. apperciate it.

Edited by newbiepathy95

what are you trying to do? Differant gear rations? manual swap? whats the amigo got that the pathy don'T?

Nuttin like that, the local jy is very short on WD21's there is a 80's model but thats all so im just tryin to find a backup

i understand what your trying to do, but im just wondering can i use any other tranny in the place. Im just wondering is there any other tranny that i can buy a cheap abdator too and hook it up. Thats all im askin. I appericate the website link thou, i guess i can use that as a back up and when money comes in too.

i understand what your trying to do, but im just wondering can i use any other tranny in the place. Im just wondering is there any other tranny that i can buy a cheap abdator too and hook it up. Thats all im askin. I appericate the website link thou, i guess i can use that as a back up and when money comes in too.

the only tranny that will bolt up to a nissan engine is a nissan tranny... period. unless you have an adapter made. but that defeats the purpose of trying to save money. if its a manual you're looking for get the 80's they are the same up until 95 IIRC. the autos IDK anything about (all autos are crap in my book)

the only tranny that will bolt up to a nissan engine is a nissan tranny... period.

NO, some nissan 5spd 2wd pathfinders and a few 300zx used a borg-warner T5. THATS RIGHT! Ford Mustang!

but are you a manual 2wd?