Replacement rear links w/ johnny joints.

SteeevO

This price is not set in stone but right now we are looking at about $325 for a pair of Lower WD21 Links complete w/ JJ's and Jam nuts.

Ok...

*starts saving*

With single point threading, once the CNC is programmed, they all come out the same.

;)

B

Say, are you going to keep an inventory of "the JJs that you will get with these links are are modified for the 2-3/8 wide application" incase someone needs a replacement?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just replaced the rear lowercontrol arm bushings, i wish there was something like this commercially available for the R50 as replacing the arms would have been much easier than pressing the bushings.

tmorgan4 actually had this idea for a while now, and is retrofitting a set for himself. i had the opportunity to get a pair through him but im uncomfortable being the first lab rat...

heres an email tyler sent me a few months back.

I finally took a look at my Pathfinder's suspension a few nights ago but forgot my calipers at home. I don't blame you if you've already replaced your bushings or have parts on order. If you still want to try out this fix I'm sure you'll be happy with the outcome. It will come out to be a little bit more expensive than just replacing all your bushings with OEM parts but this will be the best way to tighten up the suspension. I'm sure it will make the QX4 handle better than it ever did from the factory with the [censored] squishy OEM bushings.

What you will need:

4x these http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/currie-narro...ght-p-3646.html

4x these http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/Single..._p_15-1196.html

4x tube adapters (doesn't say what size shank the Johnny Joint uses, expect $10-11 apiece)

6 feet of tube for the links....$50-100 total depending on how bombproof you want the links.

Hardware and misc. other stuff to make it work

I'm thinking it will probably come out to $350 in parts. If you want to replace the panhard rod with more solid bushings it would help even more but it would mean 2 more joints and a few feet of tubing.

I just looked up the OEM Nissan parts (for a Pathfinder) on Courtesy Parts and to replace the parts with OEM parts will be about $430 with replacement hardware.

No pressure to do it my way. Just thought it might be something to try out and I'm very confident it will improve the ride quality. You can be the first one to have it.

Tyler

Edited by FUELER

Say, are you going to keep an inventory of "the JJs that you will get with these links are are modified for the 2-3/8 wide application" incase someone needs a replacement?

Yes

i just replaced the rear lowercontrol arm bushings, i wish there was something like this commercially available for the R50 as replacing the arms would have been much easier than pressing the bushings.

tmorgan4 actually had this idea for a while now, and is retrofitting a set for himself. i had the opportunity to get a pair through him but im uncomfortable being the first lab rat...

I've been running these JJ's on my truck since august.

http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/blog/2008/08...e-johnny-joint/

again how much extra for longer arms?

PM Sent

he changed his mind about making R50 links so it doesn't matter anyway.

I got pricing all worked out and i'm taking pre-orders to get things moving. I'm looking for 6 orders over the next 2 weeks ending the pre-orders on 2/18. if the 6 pre-orders are met i'll order the materials and get started at the machine shop etc. we're looking at about 4 weeks from the 18th (~3/18) to having the links shipped out. if the pre-order minimum is not met then everyones $ will be refunded on 2/20

I'm offering Upper and Lower links for the R50 and WD21. you can order them here:

http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/advanced_sea...+rocks+hd+links

if you have any questions or concerns, Feel free to PM me or e-mail me - steven@ruggedrocksoffroad.com

damn thats pretty pricey, 600 for rear links..

i only ordered the lowers for now. and if you consider the substantial cost of just the johnny joints themselves, it's worth it to me to pay the (reasonable) extra cost for materials and labor. at least i know i'm getting a quality part.