2wd vrs 4x4.

GEOz2k7

I am a 2wd pathfinder myself. and i love it. i go to pismo dunes and cruise every where, now i want to change over to 4x4 i was thinking because i like to just cruise and go over stuff and all, What do u guys mob with most the time?

If I were you I would leave it 2wd, look for a long arm kit for the front and lock the rear. OR, just go straight to a SAS and not bother with an OE 4wd setup.

That was my meaning sorry. if i should just go to SAS or stay 2wd. but i think long travel is the most promising so far. thanks.

Yep, I agree with GG...

Can you translate this into old timer speak??

B

Ya sorry lol. i ment when u are out playing in the dirt or mud or jumpin ur pathmaker do u use 4x4 a lot or more 2wd

if you keep it 2wd you can use the 6" IFS kit from total chaos and run the HB glass fenders. that would make a sweet rig for mobin it on rolling hardpack & gravel. make a jumper out of it to...

Ya sorry lol. i ment when u are out playing in the dirt or mud or jumpin ur pathmaker do u use 4x4 a lot or more 2wd

I'll only engage 4x4 when encountering deep mud, soft sand, obsticles and when I want the gearing of 4-low. Saves wear and tear, not to mention with a rear locker and even LSD most of the time, you can get a long ways without 4x4. :shrug:

B