IFS or SAS

burton8it

K this has been pondering my mind for some time now and i'm 50/50 on the situation do i keep it IFS go as big as i can and enjoy it or do i do the sas. understandably the biggest i want to go for tires is a 35". I don't want to become a trail tractor just want to enjoy some of the technical and have some fun at the same time but still not be a tank on the road lol. Now from what i've been told is that the cv's can't handle going up to high and you go through boots like you go through socks but at the same time it's nice having that centre clearance. SAS on the other hand takes care of the cv problem just don''t know if it's the proper way to go with the pathy's. Let me know what you guys and girls think the more opions the better good or bad :shrug:

K this has been pondering my mind for some time now and i'm 50/50 on the situation do i keep it IFS go as big as i can and enjoy it or do i do the sas. understandably the biggest i want to go for tires is a 35". I don't want to become a trail tractor just want to enjoy some of the technical and have some fun at the same time but still not be a tank on the road lol. Now from what i've been told is that the cv's can't handle going up to high and you go through boots like you go through socks but at the same time it's nice having that centre clearance. SAS on the other hand takes care of the cv problem just don''t know if it's the proper way to go with the pathy's. Let me know what you guys and girls think the more opions the better good or bad :shrug:

by the time you dump all the money into the IFS to make it strong enough for 35's you will have spent enough to do the SAS. and with the IFS you will still have very little wheel travel in the front and uber flex in the rear. i say SAS it and do what nissan should have done from the start.

http://purenissan.com/new_page_2.htm

All that plus the price of a D44, and that price varies. But usually run a few hundred bucks

nissan nut has his own website and has done more SAS's than most. i used his parts list and revised it to match my plans, and im looking at around 2300 total in parts incl. a complete grand wagoneer ($350), granted i already have shocks and a few of the other D44 part laying around but only a few hundred bucks worth. if you do it with leaf springs you could do it for less than half that

If you have SAS you will need to look for new and harder challenges.

I personally don't mind the challenge of having IFS - it makes wheeling more fun for me personally because I have to think harder about the lines I want to take where as I know if I was SAS'd I could just PLOW straight through them. For me the terrain that is around me - SAS would make the close by wheeling spots boring because they wouldn't be challenging anymore.

It doesn't matter what you do to your truck - you will have to seek challenges that are appropriate for it.

thats the nature of this sport... if you dont like it get a mini truck and stick to the mall parking lots

If you arent in danger of breaking things, then you arent having enough fun :tongue:

thats the nature of this sport... if you dont like it get a mini truck and stick to the mall parking lots

Did I say I didn't? NO!

I still have fun going places with my nearly stock 88 that guys with lockers, 33+ tires and LSD get stuck. :new576: