Manual Hubs and All-Mode?

01silvapathy

So I oredered my lift and all, including my Warn Hubs, but have found some info concerning their functioning and my All-Mode System. My question is will they trigger a malfunction lamp on the dash, I was reading on a thread here by Michigan Ave. that when he was in 2wd with Hubs disenguaged that his 4WD malfunction lamp came on. I am still confused as to wether these Hubs will work or not. Anybody with All Mode and Hubs your replys will be greatly appreciated!

Secondly, what is the correect way to use the hubs, When I go into 4wd should I be in Neutral? When I want to unlock them what do I do? Any help is greatly appreciated :happy:

-Andrew

What I do with mine is: throw the rig into 4HI, get out, engage the hubs, and go. My knowledge of All-Mode is non-existent so my apologies for being unable to help you there. I'm sure someone will come up with good info for you though. :happy:

Ughh, well I have heard both what you said alex, and other stories about how the design differs from model years, I guess that i will just have to install them and see what happens :angry: And if they dont work, I will return them or sell em'. Im kinda pissed that there is no warning about using these hubs with ALL MODE on 4x4parts.com. :shiftyeyes:

I do not know anyting about "all mode" but I would assume that if the hubs are locked and the vehcle thought the auto lock hubs were not dis engaging or vise versea there might be and issue.

I do know that after I installed my manual locking hubs and ran them locked I was able to smoothly go in & out of 4wd all the way up to 55mph (prolly could do it faster too but no need). I just lock em when I think theres a chance I might need 4wd and unlock em when I don't think I'll need.

I have used manual FWHs with the All Mode system for over 5 years now. The only problem I have encountered is very occassionally the 4wd system light may come on when on the highway travelling at over 110km/h (65 mph approx) but not always.

It is very random and if I stay below 110km/h it doesnt come on at all. The light is reset by stopping and switching off the engine and back on.

With the hubs disengaged Auto and 4Hi can be engaged with out any problem, although it is best to select them when stationary in neutral.

Geoff

Edited by Geoff57

Thank you Geoff and Alex for your input, it is mucho appreciated. Once I put on the lift I will see what happens and try em out, if worse comes to worse I will just return them or Sell em'.

Like Geoff said. Those Aussies have done us Yankees the trouble of working out the kinks. Apparently, the only issue is the light coming on at high speeds. If you look on the Aussie board, pcoa.org, they've done the field testing. The only thing you need to worry about is that you don't try to engage the AUTO or 4HI when moving as you'll engage the front diff that is not moving to the transfer case that is and will certainly cause damage. As long as you don't do that, you can't do the system any harm.