MAF sensor

Kingman

I think I totally effed something up in the wiring with the MAF sensor.

Was jiggling the wires and it started idling like total ass, like its missing and choppy. Right off idle its fine (slight throttle application) and is fine after that. But as soon as it starts to idle, it gets bad. I lost about 300 rpms in drive and park/neutral.

I took the clip off and cleaned it and stuck it back on and tried wiggling the wires some more, it's still doing it. No matter what I do with the wires and the clip its self, it's still idling horrible. It sounds like a loping V8 now...

All the spark plug wires are good and tight so its not that, and so are my vacuum lines...

:scratchhead:

Edited by kingman92010

Sounds like you fugured the wiring at the clip. Time to check continuity, inspecting the wires, etc... :shrug:

B

Youn dont suppose its possible to break a wire inside the casing, do you? It appears good and fits tightly, but a few of the wires have kinks in them sort of

^2nd that. I have seen countless pathies for sale at dealers that had the wires repaired at the connector. I think it comes from people trying to cut time when changing the air filter. It is tempting to not remove the connector when opening the air box.

If I were you, I would cut open the insulation on that cable and take a peek. Make sure you have some electrical tape handy before you cut into it. You might get lucky and have enough left to repair it. If it ends up being too bad, you could always go to the junkyard with a pair of diagonal cutters and take that section from one. It is only three wires IIRC. Pretty easy to splice in.

indigent.

Thanks for the replies and info, I'm going to go inspect some more. I'm not going to splice anything up yet till I get back from playin in the snow over the weekend, I still want it to at least run lol

^2nd that. I have seen countless pathies for sale at dealers that had the wires repaired at the connector. I think it comes from people trying to cut time when changing the air filter. It is tempting to not remove the connector when opening the air box.

If I were you, I would cut open the insulation on that cable and take a peek. Make sure you have some electrical tape handy before you cut into it. You might get lucky and have enough left to repair it. If it ends up being too bad, you could always go to the junkyard with a pair of diagonal cutters and take that section from one. It is only three wires IIRC. Pretty easy to splice in.

indigent.

Buh? I never took mine off when I did this... could I have damaged the wiring? Maybe that's causing it to stutter?

TO THE BAT CAVE!

I lied, couldn't stop myself from fiddling with it. :crossedwires:

Wasn't even the problem at all, I noticed a huge crack in some vacuum line on the back of the throttle body, so I cut it a little below the crack and put a screw in it.

Cleared right up :rolleyes:

I lied, couldn't stop myself from fiddling with it. :crossedwires:

Wasn't even the problem at all, I noticed a huge crack in some vacuum line on the back of the throttle body, so I cut it a little below the crack and put a screw in it.

Cleared right up :rolleyes:

I hope that is only a temp fix? :whip:

i had the same problem my hood would just barly hit the top of the wires and it would casue a tiny tiny short and ifi didnt have it in the right spot then it would run just like what you said. All i did is pushed a little and wiggled the wire around where it connected tio the sensor and it eventually works and i didnt have a problem ever since. I think it might have been just no pluged in that tight though. If you end up still having a problem i still have my wire with the plug on it u can have before i junk the car.

i had the same problem my hood would just barly hit the top of the wires and it would casue a tiny tiny short and ifi didnt have it in the right spot then it would run just like what you said. All i did is pushed a little and wiggled the wire around where it connected tio the sensor and it eventually works and i didnt have a problem ever since. I think it might have been just no pluged in that tight though. If you end up still having a problem i still have my wire with the plug on it u can have before i junk the car.

Thanks for the offer, but I dont think the connections are the same, yours is a E not an I

Mine is below the air cleaner which protects it from the hood