4x4 Truck of the year=Nissan made Suzuki

jitterymonkey

4WHEEL & OFF ROAD magazine named the EQUATOR best new 4x4 over 2 Hummers,

a Dodge,Ford & Kia.

Only difference between the Zuki & the Frontier is

the Zuk has side curtain airbags & a different grill :rolleyes:

One judge said, "I could throw my cooler,duffle,& sleeping bag in the bed,my dog in the front seat,& my girl beside me up front,& go get lost in the back hills for a week"

If that doesn't describe theperfect 4x4,we're not sure what does.

That quote also describes my Nissan Pathfinder perfectly :wub: .

Congratulations Nissan :fireworx:

• 3 years later...

I remember a few years ago you could get a the Suzuki "Frontier" for like 4-6k cheaper than the Nissan and Suzuki gave you a better warranty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

There was just a letter in Truck Trend from a guy who was looking for the Suzuki and none of the dealers near him had any in stock so he bought a frontier, was saying how does Suzuki expect to sell more trucks when you can't find any of them on the lots.

I remember a few years ago you could get a the Suzuki "Frontier" for like 4-6k cheaper than the Nissan and Suzuki gave you a better warranty.

I was skeptical at first about the warranty but when I looked it up, I was amazed. 7 years, 100k miles. That is awesome. For that kind of warranty, and $5500 less than a fully loaded Frontier, I would buy a Nissan front clip and call it good. If I was in the market to purchase a new ride, and could afford it of course.

There was just a letter in Truck Trend from a guy who was looking for the Suzuki and none of the dealers near him had any in stock so he bought a frontier, was saying how does Suzuki expect to sell more trucks when you can't find any of them on the lots.

And of course, correct again. Nobody has them in stock around here and online you can "build and order" from Suzuki's site but it does not show any available locations. Nice.

the Suzuki is a frontier with different badging and trim, everything mechanical is Nissan, here are 2 pics of both 2009 models, I actually like the front end of the Suzuki better than the Nissan:

Frontier:

2sbq5gj.jpg

Equator:

2dufqm9.jpg

review of the 2009 Equator with more pics can be found here:

http://www.jbcarpages.com/suzuki/equator/2009/

Nissan Frontier info and specs here:

http://nissanhelp.com/models/2009/frontier_king_cab/index.php

I think part of why it was much cheaper was a end of year clearence thing, but the warranty kind of shocked me as well. I actually like the Suzuki front end a little better as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2