traditional aftermarket shift knob on transfer case?

alexrex20

I kno wmy trans and t-case knobs are the same thread, as are the ones on a friends Frontier. I see no problem as long as your not planning on a cheepie set screw knob that is goeing to come loose every 2 miles of driving.

i was thinking more along the lines of titanium... there's a used one on eBay right now that's still reasonably affordable. (new they're $165 :rofl: )

the leather one would be nice as well; similar to stock, but different enough to be noticeable. :D

Damn right! :aok:

The Ti knob is nice, but fook man... $165 is a lotta schlamollah for a t-case shift knob. The Nismo leather-wrapped one is half that and I still thought it was a rip-off! :rofl:

Never even thought of this, awesome idea, wonder how cheap I can get a skull with eyes that light up for :)

Hate to burst your bubble but I'm bout 2 years ahead of ya... I'll find pics later.

Edited by Fukinitupagain

which one did you get?

i got this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...BSA:MOTORS:1123

it looks like the Titanium one, but at a fraction of the cost... it doesn't look like the aluminum ones, which are only available in chrome or shiny black. so even if it's not titanium, it's no big deal because i like the finish.

Agreed, it'll look damn good! :aok:

In keeping with my dark colours and overall Nismo theme, I went with the leather-wrapped OEM-sorta looking one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=400020190655

i got my shift knob 2 days ago, and it's pretty sweet. but it'd be sweeter if it actually fit on my lever. it seems the hole is too large for my shaft ;) and there's not even anything threaded inside the hole, in the first place. it looks like it has just a plastic bushing, as though it were designed to be press-fit onto a smooth-shaft lever. any ideas how i can get it to work on my threaded lever?

LOL, this could be misinterpreted if read by the wrong person! :rofl:

Anyhoo, sorry to hear things didn't work out so smoothly. I asked the seller of the leather Nismo knob if it has the right threads; I was told it would work without an issue so I'm hoping that's the case.

The only solution I can recommend would be to fab something so make the fitting smaller so that it would fit snug on the t-case shaft. :scratchhead:

i got my shift knob 2 days ago, and it's pretty sweet. but it'd be sweeter if it actually fit on my lever. it seems the hole is too large for my shaft ;) and there's not even anything threaded inside the hole, in the first place. it looks like it has just a plastic bushing, as though it were designed to be press-fit onto a smooth-shaft lever. any ideas how i can get it to work on my threaded lever?

Just go to like Lowes or Home Depot & you can get a bigger one that will fit in the knob & over your T-case shifter (I did this with an old Beetle I had)