Picture Request/ photochop request

nissandoms47

As we all know theres like only 2 companies that makes bumpers for the r50, kma,(imo ugly as hell) and ARB (expensive as fskc). Now my xterra has the ARB on it, and im thinking about putting the stock bumper back on that and modding the ARB to fit the r50 with all new custom bracketry. Anyone out there good with photoshop that can chop an xterra ARB onto the front of a 2nd gen r50? 99.5+

If this can work maybe we can start adapting the xterra ARB to the r50s with a simple relo bracket. The xterra ARBs are like 500 less then the ones made for the r50.

Alex

in my communications with ARB, in my loooong wait for my bumper, the impression i got was that they only make R50 bumpers when they have received at least 2(?) orders. i was very lucky that pete (PDCCD) also ordered one; otherwise, my bumper would never have gone into production. Buddy at ARB told us that we're lucky they even make a bumper for trucks as old as ours. i didn't know 5 years was obsolete!

with that said, i don't know if you can even order R50 ARB Sahara bars anymore. there would have to be a minimum order of 2 for them to bust out the tooling to manufacture our bumpers. so, alex, i think the Xterra retrofit is your only option, if you insist on not getting the ugly KMA bumper.

if someone had the tooling and know-how and spare time to design/fab/market a retrofit bracket for Xterra-to-R50 ARB bumpers, i think it would be a gold mine. Xterra ARB bumpers are readily available (comparatively) and as alex pointed out, significantly less expensive.

Buddy at ARB told us that we're lucky they even make a bumper for trucks as old as ours.

That seems like an ass-backwards comment. The older a vehicle gets usually the more aftermarket crap there is. R50's are just not considered "customizeable" (I might have just made up that term) but are looked at, at least here in the states, as "soccer-mom" vehicles.

I tried my best but you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a picture of a pathy directly straight on. The only problem I could see is that the whole thing won't sit level with the lights and won't wrap around right.

Xterra.jpg

Edited by ronin152

That seems like an ass-backwards comment. The older a vehicle gets usually the more aftermarket crap there is. R50's are just not considered "customizeable" (I might have just made up that term) but are looked at, at least here in the states, as "soccer-mom" vehicles.

well that's ARB for you. :D it's not their fault we bought unibody SUVs. :rofl:

haha, it can live on a little longer, i actually didnt even make my sig pic. A kid named kris that probably never comes around anymore on AC did it for me lol. I'll update it soon.

You have the bumper why don't you just hold it up on the pathy and just sorta see if there is any possible way it would fit?

I know a guy who does really good custom work. I am thinking about just having him duplicate the tjm bumper. Doesn't really look that hard. It will honestly probaly be cheaper.

I'm hoping to be in the same place sometime in the spring. If all goes according to plan, ya'll will the first ones to know! :aok: