Just a few more question

silver97ex

Ok, so I have a 95 SE 5-spd. There is an "ABS" light that lights up when I first start up the pathy, yet when I am driving in wet/ice/snow and hit the brakes hard to see how slippery it is.....nothing, just sliding. Never felt them engage or activate, or whatever. Am I supposed to have ABS or is my truck lying to me?

Second question, my pathy has 198,2xx miles on it. Obviously the drivers seat has been warn a bit. There are a few pretty good sized tears in it. I installed aftermarket seat heaters in it (I love them) but it just looks soooooo bad. I was wondering if there are any options out there for seat covers that actually fit and won't slide around and get all bunched up and look like crap. I would prefer them not to have "type R" or Yosemite Sam on them :thumbsdown:

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

No WD21 has 4 wheel ABS. If equipped, yours has rear ABS. I've never felt it engage in either of the 95's I've owned, though, I don't know that I've ever locked the rear brakes up.

Also note, that engaging 4wd disables the ABS. So, at that point you just have regular brakes.

I am pretty sure I have been in a full on 4-wheel slide. I can't remember if I was in 2wd or 4 though. I would assume that if it was that slippery I woulda been in 4. I will have to check it next time it snows, 2wd and grab the hooks, see what happens. I have never had a car with ABS so I'm not missing anything, just wondering about the light.

No ideas about seat covers?

No WD21 has 4 wheel ABS. If equipped, yours has rear ABS. I've never felt it engage in either of the 95's I've owned, though, I don't know that I've ever locked the rear brakes up.

I've tested the abs out before, I went to a street that was snowy and slammed on the brakes, my friend said that only the fronts locked up but the rears didn't and I didn't feel anything in the pedal. While in 4wd all 4 lock up but it's much harder to do so.

Edited by redfinder

I'm guessing the reason most people don't get the Rear ABS to activate is because 70% of stopping power of your braking is done on the front brakes. In slippery conditions, it's most likely your fronts will be locked up before your rear ABS even engage.

Personally I've always wanted to take a Manual Pathy to a Mall Parking lot one Icy day, Get up a ton of Speed, Slam on the Brakes and lock the wheels, Put it in Reverse while sliding and then Give er to see what happens.

Personally I've always wanted to take a Manual Pathy to a Mall Parking lot one Icy day, Get up a ton of Speed, Slam on the Brakes and lock the wheels, Put it in Reverse while sliding and then Give er to see what happens.

been there done that, you get a $#!t ton of wheel hop spinning in reverse that you can feel thru the whole vehicle until it randomly grips on dry spot and when it griped it gipped hard, jolt!