Looking to purchase driving lights

Kittamaru

Look....if you're sensible about things you won't have a problem. Roof lights on the road, are dumb. Pure and simple. Even if they're properly aimed, they're way too high, and the light beam still shoots down into oncoming driver's eyes.

Common sense would dictate that bumper mounted lights, which would end up lower, or at the level of the headlights are fine. The one caveat to this, however, is that they must be properly aimed. Having big lights, pointing up into oncoming traffic is just ignorant.

I have my IPF's on my bumper, mounted pointing slightly down, so I can see the road. I only use them on long drives, where street lights are scarce, and I use them instead of my high beams. Never had an issue.

I have my IPF's on my bumper, mounted pointing slightly down, so I can see the road. I only use them on long drives, where street lights are scarce, and I use them instead of my high beams. Never had an issue.

I do the same with mine. I have them aimed pretty much 20' in front of the truck so the area just in front of me is light enough. Especially in the rain, the area between the truck and the standard headlight beam pattern is kinda dark.

I was thinking of doing the bumper-mount system (need a light-bar/brush-bar then, but I wanted one of those anyway) and my headlights are... well... dim? Even with high-grade bulbs... I really want to do the relay system.

I was thinking of doing the bumper-mount system (need a light-bar/brush-bar then, but I wanted one of those anyway) and my headlights are... well... dim? Even with high-grade bulbs... I really want to do the relay system.

you don't need a brush guard to mount lights. You can remove the front bumper and drill holes right in the top of it. bolt the lights up in the holes you drilled and tighten them down. If your bumper is thin and flimsy, you can add 2 large washers to sandwich the bumper before you thread the nut on for extra stability. If you go this route you should choose some lights that have shallow reflectors like ipf 968's or the hella 500's. That way you won't run into clearance issues between the back of the light housing and the grille.