A new O2 sensor needed, I think? What brand should I buy?

zack1978

Hi everyone,

Based upon the tests that I have done counting the green and red lights under the pass seat, I think the O2 sensor is bad on my 1995 SE-V6. The strange thing is that the check engine light does not remain lit, and most of the time the truck runs fine. Usually the only way to trip the CEL is on a long highway trip. When the CEl does light up, the truck will run like crap and buck, when the light turns off it is fine again. There is no rhyme or reason as to when the light will go on or off. I am at my wits end with this issue, that I have been chasing for some time now. I had a shop even check the truck for this issue, and they changed the O2 sensor. But I must assume that it has gone bad again, and they ripped me off so I will never go back there.

So what brand O2 sensor should I purchase? What should I expect to pay? If yuo go online, there seem to be three major brands, NGK/NTK, Bosch, and Walker. Who should I use? What is the OEM NIssan brand?

Thanks,

Zack

Make sure that the wiring isn't resting on the exhaust....it's possible that the shop did replace the O2, but the wiring is shorting intermittently on the exhaust.

I'll 4th the NTK sensor. :aok: