Oil and Sparks - AMSOIL

Madcat

Hey folks. Im gonna dive into some amsoil or redline oils for my manual tranny and rear diff. I noticed that on AMSOIL.com theres like three kinds of gear oil of 75W-90 variety. Any differences?

Also on the site there seem to be NGK Iridiums. The problem is when I pick NGK3306, the price goes to 18.87 or some such. Please tell me thats not the price of EACH spark plug. I can understand $45 for around 6 of them.

I noticed that on AMSOIL.com theres like three kinds of gear oil of 75W-90 variety. Any differences?

I didn't look but are they the GL types? The one you want is GL-4. Buy an extra quart to overfill the tranny as per the TSB pinned at the top of this section.

About the plugs, I have no idea. Believe it or not, I've never changed a plug on a pathfinder. I just buy them tuned up and buy another one when it needs the next tune up... :D

B

Ah man thanks. You reminded me to check not only for viscosity but also the GL type. Theres only one AMSOIL with GL-4 for the tranny so yeah, process of elimination. ;) Im gonna try to get some Iridium IX's from them also. I just hope they dont charge each plug 18 bucks as it shows on there.

Anyone buy any spark plugs from AMSOIL before? Everytime I choose NGK3306 the price goes to $18.87. Right here. Please tell me thats not PER SPARKPLUG.....

You are welcome, the point of this site is to help each other keep our Pathys healthy...

I'm guessing it is per plug price. My Honda superbike used 4 Iridium plugs @ $23 a piece. That makes for one hell of a costly tune up...

Purely for your benefit (and because I have the time, <5 minutes) I found this...

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.as...0395+314207+115

Hopefully it will load properly, if not go to summit and search for 'ngk-3306' or google around. Expensive, yes but less than 1/2 the price... ;)

B

Yep, the link works fine....

Edited by Precise1
I checked

Thank you for the correction, you are absolutely correct.

I was generalizing and assumed that he would read the TSB. Personally, I only put in 5 qts but threw in 1/2 quart of Lucas oil stabilizer for good luck. ;)

B

The 7 dollar mark seems right for Iridiums. I dont see why they have to be 18 a pop. The NGK-3306 ones for VG30I are $7.83 a pop on sparkplugs.com.

No matter, thanks a bunch folks. I got myself six quarts of MT90 tranny syrup. Gonna find a nice price for a 6-pack of sparkle sticks and some plug wires.

Edited by Madcat

Im debating whether to get some NGK Iridium or Denso Iridium spark plugs and wire sets. Does anyone know of Denso and how good they are? Read somewhere that the Densos are really good regarding the Iridium plugs.

densos and ngks are both good buys for plugs and wires, but i seem to always pick NGK, more readily accessible. Although both are sold at advance auto, might want to check there or a local place, they all sell NGKs....

densos and ngks are both good buys for plugs and wires, but i seem to always pick NGK, more readily accessible. Although both are sold at advance auto, might want to check there or a local place, they all sell NGKs....

Yep, did that. Nobdody around here could find them for the car and not even find them by themselves in the store's useless databases. In the NY areas, youre better off DIYing yourself online for the part orders.

that is so odd. well even if you find it online the downfall of most part stores is their own part listing databases. generally if you can take them a part number they can and usually will get you that part. I work part time at Advance Auto here in VA and many times our computer system says we do not have it, but when i cross reference a part number (especially for plugs) we usually have them in stock. If you have an advance auto up near you, I know they can get you (and should have on the shelf) NGK Iridiums, and can order you some NGK wires.

The incompetent people in the auto stores around here wouldnt know how to search for parts, let alone cross reference. Me being a computer geek, Im better off taking the console from them and searching for the parts on my own. The autozones around here arent so bad. I cant blame them though, they tried literally for an hour to find the AIV system for the 86-89 pathfinders, and I was in absolutely no rush. Well I did get Denso sparks and wire set RockAuto and Ill hunt for Nissan OEM in the stores. If not, I get some good aftermarket parts.

As for Advance Auito, I hear them often on the radio but the nearest one is 9 miles away in New Jersey. Too congested and I gotta pay a bridge toll. I wouldnt mind as I like to drive but nah.

Edited by Madcat