R50 Fender Flares

BurntTimber

I know this has been asked before (by me) but no good responses yet. I put new tires on my '03 Chilkoot and they stick out about 2". I'd like to put on extended fender flares and an extension on my mud flaps. Anybody done this and have pictures? Any ideas? Only thing I've seen out there is Pacer Flexy Flares.

Amazingly, the OEM ones are hard to find, and if you do find them, they are real spendy. New they run about $100 for one wheel well. You can also find Bushwacker flares, they are about the same price, but you can choose what kinda of look you want. If you don't want to spend the big bucks, best bet is to keep checking at the JY to see if they get any pathies in. Hope that helps I've been looking for awhile now.

Edited by SilverPath

• 3 months later...
Where can you get bushwacker flares? I've only seen the street type available so far (really small by the looks of things, and go for $400 +) Anyone have a link or should I just go to a 4x4 shop?

Pathfinder link for Bushwacker flares:

http://www.bushwacker.com/fender.asp?dhtml...p;search=Search :clickdalink:

Edited by tekazgtr1984

Pathfinder link for Bushwacker flares:

http://www.bushwacker.com/fender.asp?dhtml...p;search=Search :clickdalink:

those are the small Street Flares. I'm sure they're probably the same size as the stock Pathfinder flares, but if I were to go the Bushwacker route, I'd want the slightly larger, pocket style flares :-)

those are the small Street Flares. I'm sure they're probably the same size as the stock Pathfinder flares, but if I were to go the Bushwacker route, I'd want the slightly larger, pocket style flares :-)

Yeah, I hear that. I'm geared more to the cut-out flares as they offer almost 3" of tire coverage, which would be great for wider rubbers and offset wheels... :D

Yeah, I hear that. I'm geared more to the cut-out flares as they offer almost 3" of tire coverage, which would be great for wider rubbers and offset wheels... :D

The street style bushwacker flares are more for appearence if anything. I put a set on my 03 pathfinder and they do look pretty slick but my old wheels still stuck out like an inch from the truck, I do recommend

them though they do look good, but you will have to do some trimming to the 2 front flares as you will find the holes they give you do not line up with the factory screw holes, as the flares are for the 96-99 pathys.

The street style bushwacker flares are more for appearence if anything. I put a set on my 03 pathfinder and they do look pretty slick but my old wheels still stuck out like an inch from the truck, I do recommend

them though they do look good, but you will have to do some trimming to the 2 front flares as you will find the holes they give you do not line up with the factory screw holes, as the flares are for the 96-99 pathys.

My 98's already got the OEM flares and they look almost identical to the street style flares... But the tires are flush with the flares at the moment. When I do install 33's post-SFD, the rubber's going to stick out significantly just to fit in the wells.

I'm debating custom resin fenders a la cut-out style or just fabbing up some fibreglass ones and integrate them into the body. I'm thinking bolt-on style would be best but in all honesty I'd rather just say f*ck flares but I doubt other drivers and/or cops will agree... :lol:

Nissan3, do you have a pic of the street styles on you pathy?

Anyone ever consider custom fibreglass fenders integrated into the fenders/quarter panels? :scratchhead:

That's actually exactly the route I am going when I finally get all my stuff together for my lift (btw, fukinitupagain...I'm going a different route..should be sick...or I might just f*ck up my whole rig, but it'll be one-of-a-kind)...eliminate the quarter panels up front, do fiberglass fenders...won't subtract from the structural rigidity of the body, since the subframe is there and will look freaking awesome. I don't know that I would suggest it to anyone who hasn't done alot of fiberglass work, though...I wouldn't even attempt it if it weren't for any experience making stuff with fiberglass.

is canada really THAT strict about stuff like this? down in texas, anything goes. :D

California is, I know that much....here in North Cakalaki, no one really gives a sh*t. Not uncommon to see guys running with an easy 8" of tire pouring out of the fender well...but...Cali, you'll get a ticket with no mudflaps...so fender flares are definately in order if you're residing there. 'Course, I hacked off my muds while still living in Cali and never got a ticket, but....people knew me. lol

is canada really THAT strict about stuff like this? down in texas, anything goes. :D

It varies from province to province. But with the R50 being my daily driver, I don't want to risk anything. And some nice 3" cut-out resin fenders would look pretty wide with the SFD and wide-stanced 33's. :aok:

(btw, fukinitupagain...I'm going a different route..should be sick...or I might just f*ck up my whole rig, but it'll be one-of-a-kind)...eliminate the quarter panels up front, do fiberglass fenders...won't subtract from the structural rigidity of the body, since the subframe is there and will look freaking awesome. I don't know that I would suggest it to anyone who hasn't done alot of fiberglass work, though...I wouldn't even attempt it if it weren't for any experience making stuff with fiberglass.

I'm just gonna cut-the-sh!t-outta my front fenders here inlike a month or so (front & rear). I need more tuck-ablility (I don't think thats a real word).

I need more tuck-ablility (I don't think thats a real word).

A word is what you make it...so yeah, I guess it would be. You're just not happy with your rig until it sort of resembles an R50, are you? The fenders I have planned shouldn't come down much at all...pry end about 5" shy of where they drop to right now.