the intake is in...

laxman0324

So I got the weapon-R intake for my pathfinder and installed it this morning...the results so far are great, it sound really nice up to about 5k rpms, and it sounds like an old V8 from 5k to the auto shift point...i did not expect it to be this loud, but i am pleased with it...the but dyno tells me i am getting a stronger pull out of first gear, and the remaining gears it seems to pull harder between 4-5k rpms...I will be creating a heat shield for it and do the same ram air set up as what hfxpathfinders did...

On to the bad parts...the intake pipe itself has all three vacuum lines, unfortunately the two large lines are not on the same side and on of them sits about an inch from the brake fluid tank...If you get this setup just go to the local parts store and buy some stiffer hose (i think the one i got was heater core hose?) so it doesnt kink on the sharp turn that needs to be made...Also the intake pipe itself seems too short and too curved, i had to turn the pipe so it faced down a little and pointed towards the front corner of the truck...

i sent myself a picture but it has not come in my email yet, when i get it i will post it here...

Edited by laxman0324

not as clean as mine

DSC05242.jpg

btw, where did you get the filter and how much? is it a kit designed specifically for our truck? and who wants my K&N drop-in (free+shipping) if i get a new filter?

Edited by alexrex20

Why do you not have a heat sheild? Do you know how hot a 3.5L gets? I see this all the time with guys/gals who want to spend a few $ less to get an intake. The K&N is only $240 shipped and stops all the hot air from getting to your engine. After 3k + posts is this not clear?

Edited by Trancebear

Why do you not have a heat sheild? Do you know how hot a 3.5L gets? I see this all the time with guys/gals who want to spend a few $ less to get an intake. The K&N is only $240 shipped and stops all the hot air from getting to your engine. After 3k + posts is this not clear?

since post count is obviously your standard for knowledge, it makes sense that you wouldn't know what you're talking about - what with only 125 posts. laxman has a 3.3L not a 3.5L. but engine size notwithstanding, a simple heat shield isn't going to do much to keep the charge air nice and cold. if it's in the engine compartment (shielded or not), it's going to be roughly the same damn temperature.

the only way you'll see a noticeable drop in IAT is if you pull in air from in front of the radiator, or down low in the fender/wheel well outside of the engine bay. of course, you would know this because i'm sure you sit on your computer all day and measure our post cocks against your own.

I will be creating a heat shield for it and do the same ram air set up as what hfxpathfinders did...

Can you not read? :stickwack:

This isn't meant as an insult, but please read the post before flaming someone.

:beer: Good job mike.

Edited by redfinder

Thanks guy, and trancebar i put a lot of words in there so im sure many people wont read it all, but I WILL be building a heat shield in the future, and setting up a ram air setup by cutting out the plastic under the turn signal on my 97 on both sides and putting wire mesh in its place and mounting the hose right behind that and have it go up to the engine bay through the hole where the lower piece of the stock intake meets the upper piece...

Alex: The intake is by weapon-R designed specifically for our 3.3L pathfinder...it comes with everything you see there, but I needed a longer vacuum tube as mentioned above...it also comes with a ram air hose and bottle of cleaner for the filter, so I will use the hose provided and fab up my heat shield like HFX...here is the link to his cardomain page so you can see what I will be doing... http://www.cardomain.com/ride/727953/3

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" wmode="transparent" style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="">

LOL sorry that video is hilarious!!

i love how mean our engines sound, but WOW are they weak!! i think its 0-60 in under 13 seconds hahah

dont take that offensively, i got the same engine and mine does the same thing

sounds like a 300zx but accelerates like a school bus

LOL sorry that video is hilarious!!

i love how mean our engines sound, but WOW are they weak!! i think its 0-60 in under 13 seconds hahah

dont take that offensively, i got the same engine and mine does the same thing

sounds like a 300zx but accelerates like a school bus

I take nothing offensively...it IS a slow truck, and people turn their heads and I have already received compliments on the sound but they ask if that is as fast as it goes, then I tell them the factory hp number and they usually laugh out loud, which is fine. When the VG33 has me running years longer then any of their vehicles I will be the one laughing.

Back to the intake though...I feel like it has MUCH more pull in first gear, and where I really feel the most improvement is after the shift to third it pulls harder at 4,xxx in third then it did at redline in second... I cannot wait to do the ram air/heat shield setup on mine, it should make a HUGE difference at speed...and now Chris has me hooked on the Aero exhaust, so that will be next summer...