Broken wheel studs

silverlion

I had new tires put on the pathy a few months back. It is time to rotate, and this is what I found.

Thosa ASE certified, inept bastages at the local Firestoned complete Auto CareLESS shop broke off 3 of my studs and crossthreaded 2 others. I have no idea how they got the lugnuts back on but they managed. It appears they hacksawed the three broken ones and filed the ends to catch a couple of threads. I cannot tell what they did to get the other 2 lugs on. I called the chop shop up and they told me there was no way to prove they did the damage. They offered to replace the studs themselves but I declined. I told the dipsh!t in charge that I would not trust them to do any further damage to the vehicle. If they cannot perform a simple tire change, what makes him think they can replace wheel studs. My question is, do you have to remove the axle shafts/ hubs to replace the studs? The International and the 2 chevys I had, had clearance holes in the dust covers to line up to and remove/ install the new ones. Any help would be appreciated. I tried a search and found everything studs, but not wheel studs. Link anyone?

I had new tires put on the pathy a few months back. It is time to rotate, and this is what I found.

Thosa ASE certified, inept bastages at the local Firestoned complete Auto CareLESS shop broke off 3 of my studs and crossthreaded 2 others. I have no idea how they got the lugnuts back on but they managed. It appears they hacksawed the three broken ones and filed the ends to catch a couple of threads. I cannot tell what they did to get the other 2 lugs on. I called the chop shop up and they told me there was no way to prove they did the damage. They offered to replace the studs themselves but I declined. I told the dipsh!t in charge that I would not trust them to do any further damage to the vehicle. If they cannot perform a simple tire change, what makes him think they can replace wheel studs. My question is, do you have to remove the axle shafts/ hubs to replace the studs? The International and the 2 chevys I had, had clearance holes in the dust covers to line up to and remove/ install the new ones. Any help would be appreciated. I tried a search and found everything studs, but not wheel studs. Link anyone?

front or rear wheels? rear wheels just remove the cover for the drum and hammer it through...

cause lazy worker use air guns too quickly....

i had discount tire break one rear stud, they sent me to a neighboring shop (which has done work for me before) and they put a new stud in fo free

I always tell them to hand-torque my lug nuts. In the past, when the tire center screwed them up, I took it back and said 'fix it, you f'd it up". They have a large supply of replacement studs in the shop cause their mechanics are morons.

Exactly. I've even observed mechanics using a 3 foot, 1" dr breaker bar to "torque" lugs.>>> Sofa king we todd ed! <<<

my local mexican tire shop doest even torque, they just use the air gun to tighten down, but then when you need to take the wheels off for some reason, you need like more of a 5' breaker bar to get it off