Opps I Bought 2 Pathfinders

dhardison

It's a long story but I ended up buying a 93 loaded SE yesterday. I think it has every option you could get that year. If you read my newbie post you know I just bought my first Pathfinder Friday and joined this forum. I see that many people in here own more than one Pathfinder. I'm loving it and plan to keep both. Anyway if anbody wants to look here is the 93 and my Z. I'll add a pic of the 95 as soon as I pick it up from Maaco. Read my newbie post for the reason it's at Maaco.

I do have 2 dumb newbie questions though:

1. What term do I use if I wanted to say something like "Take a look at my (insert proper term here suv, truck, off road vehicle, cute-ute lol)" I know it sounds dumb but all I ever had to say is "Take a look at my car."

2. I don't think either Pathfinder has any manifold bolt issues so whats the best advice to minimize the chances of it happening in the future?

93path.jpg350z.jpg

1) Check out my rig...

2) Nothing other than don't overheat them, it'll only make things worse. My advice? If it ain't broke, don't fix it... Don't like that advice? Buy headers, gaskets and upgraded replacement studs; you'll never have to deal with it again. :shrug:

LOL, you can never have enough Pathys; after a while you are just a rancher with a herd... Sweet Z BTW!!!

B

1) Check out my rig...

x2

or I usually call mine a truck. in 1989 the dealer slip had 3 checkboxes on the sales slip; car, truck & motorcycle (guess which one was checked) and Its built on the D21 TRUCK chassis.

2) Nothing other than don't overheat them, it'll only make things worse. My advice? If it ain't broke, don't fix it... Don't like that advice? Buy headers, gaskets and upgraded replacement studs; you'll never have to deal with it again. :shrug:

also X2

also my $0.02, just changing to a higer flowing cat and an aftermarket muffler will reduce manifold temps.

LOL, you can never have enough Pathys; after a while you are just a rancher with a herd... Sweet Z BTW!!!

B

he's got the sickness! lol I almost had it too; thought about buying Trish a 94 pathy and making a lowered (but not retarded) mall crawler out of it. but she was diving 80mi a day to work @ the time and our 33mpg dodge (#$@!) stratus seemed like a better option @ the time.

2) Nothing other than don't overheat them, it'll only make things worse.

I'm so glad you didn't say don't tach it up to the redline. Anything I drive has to get redlined in at least 2 or 3 gears once a day. The 2 I bought were the only ones I looked at that would run straight up to the redline without a clitch when you stomped them. All the rest would buck, stumple, shift early, bog or basically just couldn't rev past about 5000 rpm. :happy:

...Anything I drive has to get redlined in at least 2 or 3 gears once a day. The 2 I bought were the only ones I looked at that would run straight up to the redline without a clitch when you stomped them. All the rest would buck, stumple, shift early, bog or basically just couldn't rev past about 5000 rpm. :happy:

wow I very rarely get mine above 5k even gettin on the higway I usually shift arround 4500 and driving near home and work I keep it under 2200. Mine don't have any problem doing that its just gass and I think its kinda un-necessary.

Always good to have a backup/donor/mobile storage shed(which my spare is). Bringing the tach a little higher than necesary can be fun at times, good for known alarms for me at least. More fun in my Eclipse though, people hate being out-driven by that ugly little clunker. Clean Z as well.

I have to redline mine at 6,250 just to get onto the highway here... mostly because of short-distance right angle on ramps and an average speed of 80mph (with a 55 mph speed limit mind you)... I push the 25-75 in good time :) I'll have to time myself, but I think I do it in around 5 or 6 seconds if I keep her high rpm and in power mode :)

I have to redline mine at 6,250 just to get onto the highway here... mostly because of short-distance right angle on ramps and an average speed of 80mph (with a 55 mph speed limit mind you)... I push the 25-75 in good time :) I'll have to time myself, but I think I do it in around 5 or 6 seconds if I keep her high rpm and in power mode :)

Are you sure? Cause I can put mine to the floor from a stand still or 20kmh and it will only hit what looks like 5900. It doesnt' touch the redline but it gets damn close. And it wastes a lot of gas haha.

I usually let it shift between 2-3k rpm...

I am certain - I pass the red dashes and am verging on the red line. i can push it further (I don't seem to have a rev limiter) but I don't for obvious reasons.

Now, if I were to, say, double my rad capacity, overhaul the engine w/ a port n polish and do all sorts of other good things, I'd LOVE to clock my 0-60 @ 7200 rpm :D

I am certain - I pass the red dashes and am verging on the red line. i can push it further (I don't seem to have a rev limiter) but I don't for obvious reasons.

Now, if I were to, say, double my rad capacity, overhaul the engine w/ a port n polish and do all sorts of other good things, I'd LOVE to clock my 0-60 @ 7200 rpm :D

Mine doesn't have red dashes the red line starts at 6 on mine. Even if you did do that stuff to it, you'll only get like 0-60 in 10 seconds which sucks because these trucks aren't meant for speed. Best bet for a powerful wd21 would be to make a VG34 :sly:

So far I haven't been able to drive either one more than a day or two because they are both in and out of different repair shops getting petty issues fixed, brakes, tires, a bent wheel, etc., but I have learned this: I've pretty much GOT to redline them in first and second to get out of my gated apartment complex onto the main road. It's a short ramp from the gate to a major four lane highway with busy traffic running 65 miles per hour. They both shift at exactly 6000 rpm just as the needle touches the redline. I firmly believe this is good for the engine if you don't over do it, and it's good for my soul. For reference the Z can acomplish the exit out the gates at about half throttle with shifts at 3500 rpm. Of course I could have bought a Jimmy and an Explorer with cast iron pushrod lumps for engines and been like the rest of the herd where I live lol.

I can't wait to take one of them off road for the first time, or for the first snowfall.