found a pathy

4x4newbie

theres a dealership in our town selling a manual 90 pathy. in nice condition hardly no rust on body and like none on the frame. went thru a lot of clean up. like new belts alternator starter muffler runs way quiet broken cd player and no speakers. missing some buttons. 177k miles. and they wanted 7000 for it. i told them i wouldnt even consider buying it unless they consider dropping that price in half. even then i probably wouldnt. idk. blue book. for it is only like 3200 or something. idk probably not worth it i just want a pathy again...

Go Auto Trader. You will find a much better deal there than any dealer will give you. I paid 5500 bux for a pristine 96, loaded w/leather, snow tires and reg tires. A dealer had one in a little worse condition for 9 grand and wouldn't budge on the price.

Edited by silverlion

yeah theres a really nice 95 on ebay going for 1200. thats in way better condition than that one with less miles and 5 years newer. i would totally by it but its in new york and i can get out there right away to pick it up. it would be cheaper for me to fly out and get it and drive it back than to buy the one at that dealership. and i like it way more. i guess i should just be patient.

Holy Jeebus! 7Gs for a '90? You can have mine for six if you want it. :)

Check out craigslist in your area. I'm looking for a new car for work right now. Tons of good deals out there, I'm sure someone is selling a decent Pathy you could pick up for $2500 or less.

7k is just stupid. Do they have this out on the lot, or is it in the bullpen (the area in the back where they park repos and trade-ins)?

I don't know why, but it seems they alway quote you some crazy inflated price when you ask about something that they don't intend to sell.

I won't even bother asking about the bullpen any more. Better to try and catch it at auction.

In contrast, I bought mine for $1200 private. Listen to the guys above. Stay away from dealers.

Take your time. You'll find a good deal localy when you're least expecting it.

Seems like you never find what you want when you want it... So save your money!

Edited by crazyhayseed

177k miles. and they wanted 7000 for it.

I would literally laugh in their face. I just bought a '95XE with 95k, nice body/paint, no rust, rebuild auto trans, new:battery, radiator, starter, master cylinder, fuel filter, ball joints, tie rod ends and I forget what else for $3,300 in Cali. Yes I got a good deal. The point is, they exist with private sellers. Check all the time, have cash on hand, check the truck out WELL (I brought a creeper), be patient and don't be afraid to talk them down or walk away (my seller wanted $3700). They are out there and after seeing a few, you will have a good idea as to what is worth buying and at what price. As has been said, these little SUVs are not popular now due to the relatively poor gas milage (my neighbor with a 2007 Silverado gets better milage than I do). Be patient and look around. Hell I was looking at buying a truck in New York and having it shipped/driven back... :shrug:

B

If you want to buy that one offer $1000 and don't go higher than 3ish, it's not worth more than that especially for an 18 year old truck. Even if it looks good there is probably something wrong with it you haven't found yet. 7k is a good joke.

Haha. thanks guys. yeah after i test drove it. i got back and and asked how much. he said 7k and i was like in not gonna even consider it unless you cut that in half and then want to make me a deal.

Oh and it was out with all the cars for sale had a sticker and whatnot on it.

well i guess i will just wait it out hopefully one will show up closer to me. I dont even really like the 90 inside.

thanks again.