Check engine code P0300 popped up

laxman0324

So i already know its for random misfiring. My first line of fixing this is going to be replacing: plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor. Is there anything else I should check as a popular cause of this? My engine has 123k on it and I have no idea what was done to it before 105k when I got it. Thanks for all your help.

Mike

I had this very problem for different reasons...the dizzy is rather cheap for the boost in power that returns, but the most probably cause is a pooped injector...after I had chased so many reasons this was the last probable cause, however I was out of money and patience!

Not sure how you can check the injectors without removing them, but this was the last area for me to cover. O2 sensors can cause an engine to run in a rich-then lean fashion and cause a miss fire, but my money would be an a ka-put injector!

~~~~~Plugs and WIRES (especially) are a great place to start!~~~~~~~~~

Edited by 02silverpathy

I would think it would run rough if it was a bad injector...and loss of power?

The engine runs silky smooth right now...

also, the light went off when I started the truck up to make the trip home, what do you guys make of that?

reset will occur if non critical and falls back within optimal parameters over x number of cycles. ok... that sounded wierd. There are problems that will throw a code and a CEL but does not keep the CEL on. IF you check the FSM, I think there is a way to test the injectors but I know mine throws codes when there are injector problems. I would look at either the coil starting to fail or a not-so-good connection in sparking (disty, wires, etc)

So i already know its for random misfiring. My first line of fixing this is going to be replacing: plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor. Is there anything else I should check as a popular cause of this? My engine has 123k on it and I have no idea what was done to it before 105k when I got it. Thanks for all your help.

Mike

Most likely culprit is the distributor itself. This is what usually caused this error code with this vehicle.

Other culprits:

bad plug(s)

bad wire(s)

bad Distributor cap

bad distributor rotor

weak fuel pressure