Headers = problems for 95 pathy

CRASCA

Hello,

I have read all of the other header / emissions topics, and have been unable to find an answer.

here's my problem:

About 6 mos ago, I had grown tired of the manifold leak and decided to have it fixed. There were three broken manifold bolts, and it was decided that the motor had to be pulled in order to get the bolts drilled out and replaced.

So, long story short, we put the pacesetter headers on, with a new high flow cat converter and have had nothing but problems since.

First, the engine was throwing an EGR code, so we replaced the EGR valve and the problem was fixed. Still, there was a very bad hesitation problem, and the engine began throwing an o2 code. So, after replacing three o2 sensors, the engine is not throwing a code, but the hesitation still remains. If I unplug the o2 sensor, the hesitation goes away, so I have to run it with no o2 sensor. And, the engine light DOES NOT come on when the sensor is unplugged??!! Could it be the ECU?

Most recently, I took it down to emissions test, and it failed miserably in both categories. I tried testing both WITh the sensor plugged in and WITHOUT the sensor plugged in. No luck.

Any suggestions?? I NEVER had these problems before, and I'm wondering what the h_ll has happened.

PLEASE HELP! I can't tell you how this is driving me crazy.

Thanks, Craig

• 4 weeks later...