Tire ?

Hey guys/gals...

I just bought this pathy off my ex father in law for 200 clams and cut the converter off so now I have a 100 clams in this ! Yes it is not pretty but everything works and runs like a champ! I just bought a set of 31's and going to get put on this ! I was wanting to know should I lift this before I put them on (rubbing issues) or will this go ?? I was also wandering is it ok to weld the front and rear pumpkins on these?

Thank You

Hey guys/gals...

I just bought this pathy off my ex father in law for 200 clams and cut the converter off so now I have a 100 clams in this ! Yes it is not pretty but everything works and runs like a champ! I just bought a set of 31's and going to get put on this ! I was wanting to know should I lift this before I put them on (rubbing issues) or will this go ?? I was also wandering is it ok to weld the front and rear pumpkins on these?

Thank You

Tires should fit fine. FYI some Pathys came with 31x10.5 stock from factory.

If you weld the rear diff you can forget about ever running it on pavement. There are differing opinions on welding the front. With manual hubs you should be able to get away with it, but you'll still have to unlock one of them when you're on the trail and need to make a tight turn. You're better off with a rear locker for sure.

31s on stock rims have no issues...well unless you turn to full lock but you can adjust the stops so that doesnt happen...

on my 87 no issues at all (no frame rub or anything at full lock) with BFG AT's but with Dunlop Mudrovers I had some frame rub at full lock but I just knew where that was when I was turning and never turned past that point (if I did it could have ripped off a lug but it never happened)

on my 95 i cant remember what the BS is on the wheels but i had to do some trimming on the front valence and fender flares and a slight crank on the T-bars

I didn't know I was flexed out this much until I heard the rubber squeaking on the fender and stopped to see what happened and was like wow but it wasnt enough interference to hurt anything (this is left rear)

if you're running an open go with a lockrite in the rear if you're on a budget if not go with an airlocker as mentioned above

2265146_32_full.jpg

The front right was rubbing slightly too on the fender flare but not on the fender itself:

2265146_31_full.jpg

If I hit a speedbump too fast sometimes the sidewall would grab the flare but like I said those weren't stock wheels

This will give insight on how far they were sticking out of the fender wells:

2265146_2_full.jpg

THANK YOU !!!! so much !!!

I am going to weld up the rear and hope the front will hold ! I just also cut the stag tires to look like buckshots! yep going to cut the tires they only cost me a quick tune up and some timing on a 302 so I can say these times only ccost me time !!!!! Thank you all for your time !

Hey guys/gals...

Thank You

My pathy came stock with 31s, no worrys......

I get a light rub against my rf flare with 31" BF's, but my fender has a light kink and I'm running aftermarket wheels. Full flex tends to give some rub, nothing a little trimming or lift won't solve though. From the sounds of your truck just trim since it seems to be budget style. P.S., you got ripped only getting $100 for the cat, they go $250+ for a full one.