Introduction and Questions

Greetings:

I have been wanting a Pathfinder for many years and I am finally able to buy one. I purchased it completely reworked with OEM parts Front to Back for 2100$. Has all the Receipts, Tags and Proof that the work was done.

I am looking to make this vehicle look moderately aggressive but somewhat road worthy. I am trying to attain a 75% Road 25% offroad ratio this will be my daily driver.

What I am asking for is a list of websites, that have additional after-market parts. I will give some examples of what I am looking to purchase.

1) 2inch lift kits

2)Moderately priced AT tires

3) Headers and complete exhaust kits (That will not require much modification to engine bay)

4) Set of Pulleys / cold air intake,

5) Types of Spark Plugs (Should I go with Iridium or Platinum)

The more elaborate engine performance items such as Manifolds (port and polish) bottom end will come much later.

Thank you in advance.

not allot out there for the early pathys as far as performance (i still love em) borla makes a catback(I think the diameter is too big to maitain good low end tq) and doug thorley and pacesetter make some decent headders.

I've got the thorleys and I love em.

If you really want more power go buy a VG33E from an exterra or newer pathy. you can find them Used but usually less than 60k for 1-2g and the swap should be really simple (haven't done mine yet). PM me for more details.

4x4 parts.com has lift kits, cams and many other suff for your vehicle

also try purenissan.com (Calmini.com) if you want a full out 3" kit with shocks and everything...(you can easily limit it to 2")

If you want the cheapest lift you can crank your t-bars (searh forums to torsionbar) and get some used Jeep grand cherokee coils in the back (search JGC coil for what year model to steal from) Cranking your t-bar will throw your alignment so new upper control arms (from 4x4 or calmini will remedy this and make alignment shops not hate you)

No pullys, I assume you mean to underdrive your accesories.

no cold air intakes available for 86-89 pathfinder but K&N does make a washable filter that breaths better than your average thow way (any auto store can order it)

plugs, I use NGK V-power they are just 1 step up from what they used oem.

Start there...

Then that one...

Then read the "Product Review" forum...

Then ask questions... ;)

This must be something I don't know of. Why in the world do you want different pulleys? Is this a ricer trick?

B

What year, what engine?

I just assumed he had the v6 lol his profild states he has a 87

This must be something I don't know of. Why in the world do you want different pulleys? Is this a ricer trick?

Yes its a trick ricers do but it originally came form the dragstrip. You run a smaller crank pully for your accesories (underdrive pully) and all your accesories (Power steering, alternator etc) run slower and "rob less power from the engine" I belive the benifit is only about 2hp

Ahh, got ya, thanks. I suppose it makes sense, but thats one of the last mods I'd consider. Not enough results to trouble with. I can think of 10 things to do first with far better results. To each their own, though... :shrug:

B

From the simple stuff I have learned SEARCHING the forums here it seems about anything you do to a wd21 comes from a junkyard(JGC coils/maxima or quest alt swap,etc.), not a whole lot of aftermarket for them(besides the bodylift I need but just don't have the spare $ for at the moment,I still need to breakdown and do the maxima alt swap anyway)

Edited by nunya

From the simple stuff I have learned SEARCHING the forums here it seems about anything you do to a wd21 comes from a junkyard(JGC coils/maxima or quest alt swap,etc.), not a whole lot of aftermarket for them(besides the bodylift I need but just don't have the spare $ for at the moment,I still need to breakdown and do the maxima alt swap anyway)

The reason for 'about anything you do to a wd21 comes from a junkyard' is because there is not a lot of aftermarket support for the pathfinder. Thats what we are trying to address, both by dealing with vendors who DO have aftermarket parts and trying to find work arounds like the JGC springs. There are many vendors listed in a thread, the Garage I believe. If you wish to go a step farther, the SEARCH function will lead you to SAS threads in which members are installing solid front axles.

There is aftermarket at a basic level, and work arounds from there. What is it you need?

B

Not knocking the "junkyard hunt for something that could work" I honestly like it like that, gives our stuff more bragging rights than building out of a Summit magazine. the old Built Not Bought phrase comes to mind especially looking around at others trucks on here.

B

More like a horsepower trick. It has a better affect with V8s or anything with a LOT of accessories. I know a couple of hot rodders that have done it or some of my friends that offroad Dodge pickups did it.

Edited by PFCFNG