2003 Pathfinder CODE: 0011 ?

pkmcd99

What is this code, pathy spit it out today? Tranny or something temporarily acted funny too. It had power while excellerating then boom, all of a sudden no power, idle was perfect, seemed to rev perfect but no power even on the floor. I shut off pathy and re-started, it came out of it, what the heck?

Code 0011 is Camsprocket VDC

Hopefully your problem si the first thing here.....

slightly low oil level can cause this. because of the wierd angle of the dipstick, some people/shops misread the oil level when changing the oil. this can cause the code 0011.

1) run the truck for 20 minutes.

2) turn it off check the oil level

3) fill if low

4) clear code.

If the code comes back on you need to replace the cam sprockets, which I hop eis not the case for you.

Code 0011 is Camsprocket VDC

Hopefully your problem si the first thing here.....

slightly low oil level can cause this. because of the wierd angle of the dipstick, some people/shops misread the oil level when changing the oil. this can cause the code 0011.

1) run the truck for 20 minutes.

2) turn it off check the oil level

3) fill if low

4) clear code.

If the code comes back on you need to replace the cam sprockets, which I hop eis not the case for you.

My pathfinder thankfully has an extended service contract, i've made an appointment with the dealer to have looked at, what should i look for so they dont ignore the problem and it gets fixed right. I trust my dealer but, i worry that when thing cost lots, they might cheap out or quick fix until service contract lapses then say SOL . My pathy has seemed to have oil consumption issued, over the course of 5000 miles in between oil changes its not un common for me to have to top off an entire quart into the engine nearing towards the end of the oils life. I use castrol semi-synthetic 10W30 truck has about 60,000 on it.

My pathfinder thankfully has an extended service contract, i've made an appointment with the dealer to have looked at, what should i look for so they dont ignore the problem and it gets fixed right. I trust my dealer but, i worry that when thing cost lots, they might cheap out or quick fix until service contract lapses then say SOL . My pathy has seemed to have oil consumption issued, over the course of 5000 miles in between oil changes its not un common for me to have to top off an entire quart into the engine nearing towards the end of the oils life. I use castrol semi-synthetic 10W30 truck has about 60,000 on it.

The code 0011 is a known problem with these vehicles. We had one in the shop for it yesterday. The will probably tell you what I told you. :P Top it off and come back in a few weeks if it comes up again.

Tell them to have the engine looked at for oil consumption and make sure to mention 'oil consumption' when talking to your service advisor.

Believe it or not, the dealerships like warranty type work because it is guaranteed payment once approved as long as they do not mess up the paperwork. It is Nissan NA or the extended warranty provider that try to get cheap but the dealership is motivated to try to talk them into it.

• 2 weeks later...

:itsallgood:

PATHY IS HEALED. MY NISSAN DEALER HONORED EXTENDED SERVICE PLAN WORK AS THEY SHOULD. TURN OUT THE PROBLEM WAS THE CANISTER BACK BY THE GAS TANK AND THE VALVE NEAR IT AS WELL. LIGHT IS OUT. WIERD THING, THEY SAID THEY COULD NOT FIND CODE P0011?? MY IMAGINATION? GOT TO THINKING AND THIS CODE CAN BE SET BY WAL MART FOR EXAPLE CHANGING OIL AND STARTING IT WITHOUT ENOUGH OIL IN ENGINE BEFORE THEY TOP IT OFF, NOT GOOD, BUT THE LIKELY PROBLEM WHEN A DUMB DUMB DOES YOUR OIL CHANGE. CODE SET BUT ALL WAS GOOD ONCE TOPPED OFF AND DROVE DOWN THE RODE BEFORE I GOT TO DEALER I GUESS. NO MIL ON NOW, SO I HAPPY. STILL LOVE MY R50 MODEL.