Gas Pedal Sticking on '97

Sometimes the accelerator pedal sticks and I have to really push hard [or tap it hard knowing it will jerk forward] and then the engine revs and the pathy jerks forward and it is ok after that. Anyone know if some PB blaster will solve this or is it something worse?

It's probably not the pedal. It's more than likely the butterfly on the throttle body, or the spring on the throttle body where the throttle cable attaches that's sticking.

Just don't hose a whole can through the intake and then try to start it.

AMEN :crossedwires: I did it once....killed the battery twice before it finally started. start vehicle, Killed battery, remove from vehicle and charge for 5 hours, re-install battery, attempt to start vehicle again.....Now repeat

Edited by kmgar99

Sometimes the accelerator pedal sticks and I have to really push hard [or tap it hard knowing it will jerk forward] and then the engine revs and the pathy jerks forward and it is ok after that. Anyone know if some PB blaster will solve this or is it something worse?

Mine does the same thing sometimes. I haven't done anything about it yet. Haven't even looked to see if it might be the pivot at the pedal. It probably is sticking at the throttle body as others mentioned...

I had this problem and did what was mentioned above about taking off the rubber hose from the air filter and spraying down the butterfly adn working it a bit. Dont use even half the can!! Just to be safe I sprayed it worked it and sprayed it again, then I drove it for a day and repeated the same procedure the next day. I never had the problem after that.

Just don't hose a whole can through the intake and then try to start it.

AMEN :crossedwires: I did it once....killed the battery twice before it finally started. start vehicle, Killed battery, remove from vehicle and charge for 5 hours, re-install battery, attempt to start vehicle again.....Now repeat

I did that too. I only had the Check Engine light come on for about 2 days. :itsallgood: