conversion time!

pathy33

new to the site and the 4x4 world, got a 2.4lt z engine and its gutless..

im wanting to put a rb30 in it and then later on do a hi comp turbo setup to it.. but for now i need to no or

if any1 already knows, what i need to put in the injected rb30..

dont really care if i dont have the 4x4 conected after the engine transfer, as its gonna be a street warrior..

im from australia and if none of you guys are familia with the rb30 engine i can show you some links...

fuel is getting more expensive here and injected is the way to go, well better than the @!*% carby thing i have now..

thanks in advance chris...

bawhahahahahahaha

banging in a straight 6, well it will fit but the radiator is going to be in the rear

falcon straight 6 on gas would be better i reckon

good luck

Edited by sw

bawhahahahahahaha

banging in a straight 6, well it will fit but the radiator is going to be in the rear

falcon straight 6 on gas would be better i reckon

good luck

do you no any1 that has done it and do you have access to pics????

this is the reason to my thread i want to no what goes in and who has done it....

never seen the falcon motor in a pathy, seen a few commodore v6 conversions :sly:

tho you stated your looking for good on fuel, hence suggesting the falcon motor & gas. they run well on gas, much better than the commodore v6 on gas & being a straight motor produce more torque. i tend to think the falcon auto trans drives smoother than the commodore auto trans aswell.

youve stated you dont care about 4wd, so i would use the falcon trans and just have a drive-shaft made to suit

theres a few straight gas rb30 & turbo gq patrol combo's on outers. the owners seem to be fairly happy with their results

straight gas rb30 & turbo could be an option - lots of go & cheap to fill up compared to unleaded & diesel

yep thats y i want to see if any1 has attempted the rb30 yet..

i have all bolt ons for 360rwkws, as it was on my last rb30 in my nissan r32 skyline..

this time i want to try a str8 gas setup, few mates have this setup and are pushing 10sec quarter mile times..

i think i will just have to pull the 4x4 off the road for a week or 2 and just bang it in..

thanks guys and i will keep yous all posted soon with results and stuff...

just keep in mind that our all mighty government :rolleyes: has fixed it so gas will be the same price as unleaded in a few years.

Edited by sw

just keep in mind that our all mighty government :rolleyes: has fixed it so gas will be the same price as unleaded in a few years.

lol if only the aussies had balls with out being drunk like poms, and started to march the streets and smash the city up....

people power always will give a good result, unless hitler raises from the dead then lol it becomes a different ball game...

RB30??? Will it fit? :lol: V8's are hard enough to get in let alone a straight 6 :shrug:

VG30? (Fitted factory )

VH41-45? (4L-4.5L V8)

Just curious :D

anything will fit any where its just a matter of how much you ahve to cut out to get it in there lol

anything will fit any where its just a matter of how much you ahve to cut out to get it in there lol

True....I guess that would have to fit into the "More money than sense" category though :lol:

:aok: