alarm control unit removal

Anybody ever remove the alarm control unit from their pathy? Mine is acting crazy going off by itself ever since I started hitting serious water on the trail. I don't think there are too many people stealing 95 pathys out there so Id just as soon get rid of it. It sounds like there is some kind of control unit under the armrest cause I hear clicking under there when it is going off. I can't turn it off because the little rocker switch is broken and doesn't do anything. Im thinking of jumping two of the switch wires or completely removing any control unit I find. The only worry with that is maybe if I remove the control unit the ignition won't work anymore but I doubt it works that way.

I'll try to peruse the FSM for more info, but in the mean time, maybe someone here has some advice.

Thanks,

Doug

Anybody ever remove the alarm control unit from their pathy? Mine is acting crazy going off by itself ever since I started hitting serious water on the trail. I don't think there are too many people stealing 95 pathys out there so Id just as soon get rid of it. It sounds like there is some kind of control unit under the armrest cause I hear clicking under there when it is going off. I can't turn it off because the little rocker switch is broken and doesn't do anything. Im thinking of jumping two of the switch wires or completely removing any control unit I find. The only worry with that is maybe if I remove the control unit the ignition won't work anymore but I doubt it works that way.

I'll try to peruse the FSM for more info, but in the mean time, maybe someone here has some advice.

Thanks,

Doug

You will not find it in the FSM. It was a dealer installed accessory. The alarm control box is under the drivers seat. It is a black box witha a white sticker.

How have you not harmed the alarm module but not the ECU with water?

You will not find it in the FSM. It was a dealer installed accessory. The alarm control box is under the drivers seat. It is a black box witha a white sticker.

How have you not harmed the alarm module but not the ECU with water?

Pure luck I guess although I am moving ECU to glovebox asap. Will removing the alarm unit cause any problems? You are right it was not in the FSM. Glad you could answer then.

Thanks,

Doug

Pure luck I guess although I am moving ECU to glovebox asap. Will removing the alarm unit cause any problems? You are right it was not in the FSM. Glad you could answer then.

Thanks,

Doug

Just an update for those who want to remove alarm control unit- The remote lock feature on the key fob no longer works if you do, evidently that function is part of the alarm unit. No other problems that I can see so far...

Doug

Edited by dougdavis

• 4 months later...

Ok... I have unhooked the main bracket to this alarm unit, but my car will not start now. I have to plug it back in to get it to start. I am sure this is planned, but can't find anyone having the same issue here. All I want to do is completely unhook this alarm system, as it has been going off randomly lately. Is there some splicing or something I have to do to get communication back to the starter?

Thanks,

Mitch

Thanks so much! That was exactly what I needed. I just cut the starter wires going in, and spliced them together. Starts right up now. This also solved an issue that I had with an intermittent starting problem. (Sometimes it took me 10 tries to start my vehicle). I guess that was a security system issue as well.

Thanks again,

Mitch