R50 Rear Spoiler - picture of mounting point red'q

tomnsyl

Hello to all,

I was wondering if anyone has a picture of their R50 / JR50 with the rear spoiler removed,I was looking for a picture of the tail gate where the spoiler mounts I cant decide whether to drill into my tailgate or chase up a hinge mounted deflector.

The drilling option doesnt appeal as it seems there needs to be a hole drilled and a cut out for the stud mount.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Hello to all,

I was wondering if anyone has a picture of their R50 / JR50 with the rear spoiler removed,I was looking for a picture of the tail gate where the spoiler mounts I cant decide whether to drill into my tailgate or chase up a hinge mounted deflector.

The drilling option doesnt appeal as it seems there needs to be a hole drilled and a cut out for the stud mount.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Is there any advantage to having one on or off?

Yes as they do significantly reduce the dust build up on the rear glass.

BR

Tom

Wow! Interesting theory... My 01 has no spoiler and the glass stays pretty clean, my 97 has the spoiler and the rear glass is ALWAYS getting dirty. I go through about three times the amount of windshield washer fluid in my 97, than I do with my 01.

Is there any advantage to having one on or off?

Yes as they do significantly reduce the dust build up on the rear glass.

I always thought is had something to do with aerodynamics (spelling?), but eh what do I know?

I always thought is had something to do with aerodynamics (spelling?), but eh what do I know?

I think I'll still try and get one ,but the hinge mount one though.

Tom

Edited by tomnsyl

You cant mount a deflector on a hatch that didnt come with one from the factory unless its the window hinge mount (like what Qx4s have). cause the ones with factory deflectors have an extra support inside in which the deflector mounts to. plug the hinge mounts look better. I had one on mine off a qx4.

Someone seized mine during an involuntary wealth distribution. Never replaced it and don't plan too. Looked fine with just the roof rack compenents and looks even better now that I took them off. Only looks like I have little black horns in the back when close up.

R50s with the air deflector have a different back door than those without....

And as stated they are designed to keep dust/rain off the rear gate when moving. The downward thrust of the air from hitting the deflector is intended to keep/blow it off.