Big Problem

RowdoggNZ

Ok, my friend and i were installing an alarm in the terrano and he screwd a pk screw through a plastic box and we heard hissing. He put a hole in an aircon pipe under the dash....

what to do?

Ok, my friend and i were installing an alarm in the terrano and he screwd a pk screw through a plastic box and we heard hissing. He put a hole in an aircon pipe under the dash....

what to do?

Bugger :ohno01: Either replace the hose and recharge the AC or don't have AC :D

Might be able to find a S/H one :shrug:

anyone know anything about freon? Is it very harmless to breathe or anything because the inside of my truck has an odor of A/C Gas, Also new zealand laws state

"It is against the law to wilfully release CFCs and HCFCs into the atmosphere while installing, maintaining or decommissioning equipment."

This wasn't wilful release was it because he didn't know the pipes were behind there?

Also does anyone know if the pipes are in segments and how hard will it be to replace? any ideas?

anyone know anything about freon? Is it very harmless to breathe or anything because the inside of my truck has an odor of A/C Gas, Also new zealand laws state

"It is against the law to wilfully release CFCs and HCFCs into the atmosphere while installing, maintaining or decommissioning equipment."

This wasn't wilful release was it because he didn't know the pipes were behind there?

Also does anyone know if the pipes are in segments and how hard will it be to replace? any ideas?

It was an accident :aok:

You could ask Simon, I dunno what hoses he is replacing though.

Do you know which hose you've drilled?

Simon? Uhhhh i dunno its one on the passenger side up behind a plastic plate on the passenger side in the right hand drive model.

Do you have any idea if the pipes are segmented will it be easy to replace? Also do you know if i'll have to pull the whole dash out or anything.

Just keep it ventilated the next few days with the windows cracked at night. You'll be fine. Remember some huffers breathe straight freon trying to get high. Somehow they live, but never get smart! :aok:

You could ask Simon, I dunno what hoses he is replacing though.

I think he was replacing the one under the hood that goes along the firewall and near the brake booster, I'm sure he'll chime in.

Hmmmm seems to be held on by a single a/c pipe running from the lines into the condensor running underneath the condensor for support. Sooooo anyone in NZ able to hook me up? :)

Edited by RowdoggNZ

Hmmmm seems to be held on by a single a/c pipe running from the lines into the condensor running underneath the condensor for support. Sooooo anyone in NZ able to hook me up? :)

I'll have a look @ the 94 tomorrow....I hope

IIRC there are 2 pipes and some strange ass thing I'll take a couple o pics too :beer:

As far as being easy to pull, I already had the dash out of my parts car so it was quite simple. You probably want to avoid pulling the dash.

Sorry man sold mine to a cannuck. :hide:

:hides from Pezzy:

hehe sweet as dude. Tex is checkin one out for me, and if he hasn't got one my missuz's ol' man has one in his pathy.

SUCCESS :D

Piece of cake. undo the 2 hoses in the engine bay (The smallest nut is fixed) Then undo the 10mm bolt and pull the seal out (The seal has slits in it for easy removal)

The bit in the red circle is...er....something that is just pushed in with the white clip holding it in. I'll send you the other thingy in case it gets broken :lol:

:beer:

AC.jpg