Stupid Question

csutke

So I would like to replace my stock stereo but have no clue how to pull the dash bezel on my 04. On my 98 it was easy, two screws and then pop it out. But on this one theres no screws that I can see. Does it just pop off or are there hidden screws?

So I would like to replace my stock stereo but have no clue how to pull the dash bezel on my 04. On my 98 it was easy, two screws and then pop it out. But on this one theres no screws that I can see. Does it just pop off or are there hidden screws?

If i remember correctly there should still be the two screws on the bottom on both sides, angled slightly downward. Then pull the vent bezel (the top section) off and there will be 2 more screws before you can remove the trim around the radio

If i remember correctly there should still be the two screws on the bottom on both sides, angled slightly downward. Then pull the vent bezel (the top section) off and there will be 2 more screws before you can remove the trim around the radio

Not on later model R50's...there aren't any screws at the bottom. You need to wedge a flathead screwdriver between the HVAC vents and the dash itself to pop them out. Then disconnect the clock. There should be 2 screws visible at that point that you remove, then pop the lower bezel out and remember to unplug the defrost and hazard switches (as well as the AC jack) IIRC, it's easiest to do it with the transmission in 1 to give you more wiggle room.

Wait, do you have All Mode on yours?

Not on later model R50's...there aren't any screws at the bottom. You need to wedge a flathead screwdriver between the HVAC vents and the dash itself to pop them out. Then disconnect the clock. There should be 2 screws visible at that point that you remove, then pop the lower bezel out and remember to unplug the defrost and hazard switches (as well as the AC jack) IIRC, it's easiest to do it with the transmission in 1 to give you more wiggle room.

Wait, do you have All Mode on yours?

thats all i needed to know thanks, and no I dont have All-mode.