compression / tension rod replacement

tanker

After a search of the local parts dealers I have been unable to find a dealer able to help me order a compression/tension rod and bushings for my 93 XE. Just wondering if there is anyway to purchase these new or do I have to search through local salvage yards. Thanks in advance for any help you all can give me on this one.

1. Don't get the stock tension rod bushings. Get the polyurethane ones from Energy Suspension.

2. What do you mean by the dealers not being able to help you order the part? It's still a standard item. It has to be sent in from the Nissan warehouses, but they still have plenty.

If your dealers just suck, call Nissan Corporate and complain, then go to www.courtesyparts.com and get yourself some tension rods.

• 2 weeks later...
After a search of the local parts dealers I have been unable to find a dealer able to help me order a compression/tension rod and bushings for my 93 XE. Just wondering if there is anyway to purchase these new or do I have to search through local salvage yards. Thanks in advance for any help you all can give me on this one.

I just got every single front end bushing (including tension rod bushings) and ball joints/tie rod ends from my local Napa dealer. Had them all in 1 day. They should be available from any good local parts house no problem. Steer clear of the big Pep Boys style supermarket stores and find one that caters to local repair shops. I was surprised to see that these parts were available in several brands as well, some cheaper than others.

Doug

t/c rods will be rotten in the salvage yards, they rot under the bushing even if they still have the clearcoat on them.

about $50 each at nissan

thank you all for your help. I ordered two compression rods from a local nissan dealer with all the fixings. I will be looking into the polyurethane bushings from Energy Suspension like ghostpath suggested. No pics yet as I am away from home on a business trip. As soon as I can get the work done I will post more. Thanks again.

1. Don't get the stock tension rod bushings. Get the polyurethane ones from Energy Suspension.

2. What do you mean by the dealers not being able to help you order the part? It's still a standard item. It has to be sent in from the Nissan warehouses, but they still have plenty.

If your dealers just suck, call Nissan Corporate and complain, then go to www.courtesyparts.com and get yourself some tension rods.

i'm trying to find the compression rod or tension rod polyurethane bushings now.... i am having a tuff time on the web. is there an other name under energy suspension or a part number?

thanks?

MOOG bushings are what I replaced mine with. I'm not sure if you have a car quest where you live but they had 'em in stock for like $30 where I'm at. Can't beat them.

MOOG bushings are what I replaced mine with. I'm not sure if you have a car quest where you live but they had 'em in stock for like $30 where I'm at. Can't beat them.

AC sells the bushings. If you call them, they also have the tension rod.

https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/product_in...roducts_id=4129

Edited by Kn0xville