Thought I might get arrested today

Fukinitupagain

So I will set the scene for you: Now the way that the streets are set up on campus (University of North Carolina at Greensboro) is on the outer part of the street, right beside the sidewalk, is the bike section or the bike lane of the road, clearly marked off & specific, then the big lane for cars & then in the middle there is space for students to stand incase they get caught for a second in between the lanes (and of course the separate bike & car sections are on both sides).

So I was walking to class today & went to cross the street. I crossed the right side of the street (the side on was currently on) making it past both the bike & car lanes & made it to the middle fine & went to cross the car lane but then saw an older, homeless looking guy coming flying down the bike lane on a bike, so I stopped in the middle of the car lane & was going to let him pass.

Well when he gets about 20 or so feet away from me, he gets this bewildered look in his eyes, freaks out & starts to come over towards me, while I'm in the middle of the car lane (this all happens in about 2 seconds time), like he wants to go around me or something. I barely have time to side step him so he doesn't hit me straight on, but he still hits the right side of my body, mainly my shoulder, hard & goes flying off his bike & hits the ground. I'm about 6'2" 230lbs so I didn't go down & so went over to help him up, even after he hit me.

*This next part I am going to do like a movie/play script so it's easier to follow*

Me: Damn man, you alright (as I walk over & extend my hand to help him up)

Bum: It's not like you care, f*ckin college kid (still on the ground)

Me: (Pull my hand back & loose any expression on my face) You're right I don't give a f*ck.

Bum: (looks astonished & says slurred) F*ckin' rich kid (then spits at me)

Me: (I move quickly towards him to punch or kick the sh!t out of him) Why don't you look where the f*ck you're going, you drunken piece of sh!t

As I say & do this a UNCG Campus Police car drives by on the other side of the road with the windows down & hears/sees this, puts his lights on & stops me short of inflicting any kind of bodily harm to the bum that smells of cheap wine & piss. Thinking I am going to be asked what I was about to do, I roll my eyes cause I know I am screwed now.

Officer: (getting out of the car & walking over to us) Is there a problem here?

Me : Sh!t (quietly & looking away)

Bum: (animatedly & still on the ground sitting & slurred) This kid pushed me off my bike while I was ridin' down the bike lane!

Me: (calmly) No I didn't, you shot over into the car lane like you wanted to go around me you idiot.

Bum :(slurred) Liar!

Officer: (addressing Bum & with eyebrows raised) Sir if you where in the bike lane & he pushed you coming from the direction he was going, then how did you & your bike end up here in the middle?

Bum: Oh...

Officer: (still addressing Bum) Sir have you been drinking?

Bum: What's that mattern?

Officer: Sir it's a DUI in Guilford County to ride a bike while intoxicated (still staring at Bum)

Me: Look I'm already late for class, can I get the hell outta here & go.

Officer: That's fine.

As I was walking away the officer was calling it in (he has to call it in so that the GPD can pick him up because UNCG has no holding cell) & after I got to class I thought, you know was wearing rags & smelled of piss & booze & look as if he hadn’t shaved all winter but was riding about a $500 Trek mountain bike...I bet that sh!t was stolen.

So anyway, just thought I'd share my little story from today to give you some entertainment (whether you want to laugh or think I am an asshole). I'm not looking for approval or agreement from anyone, cause there's always someone that goes "You know you shouldn't have acted like that towards him. He's a person too.”

Well let me tell you something, I aint no rich kid first off. I grew up poor as hell in WV in a city called Huntington, in the projects where I was the only white kid for like an 8 block radius. Second I aint no kid either; I'm 25, married & work as a custodian at night at an elementary school to pay bills & to pay for school (which I pay in cash every semester with no grants or scholarships). So if you think I am coming off as an elitist then yeah, I do think I am better than someone who doesn't want to bath & doesn't want to work for a living & wants to steal peoples stuff, get drunk & live off of my tax dollars that are stolen from me by a government I don't respect!

Anywho that’s my story & rant from today, later!

I'm not looking for approval or agreement from anyone, cause there's always someone that goes "You know you shouldn't have acted like that towards him. He's a person too.”

funny story, even though I don't have an opinion. Me and cops don't do to well either.

I'm about 6'2" 230lbs
Lucky for him the cop was there.

Kudos for not caving in to the liberal touchy-feely PC crap. He was in the wrong on this one and deserved a smack not so much for running in to you but for his attitude after the fact. So what if the guy's indigent? He shouldn't get a free pass to berate people. I wouldn't take it from a lawyer, doctor or bum on the street.

Me: Damn man, you alright (as I walk over & extend my hand to help him up)

Bum: It's not like you care, f*ckin college kid (still on the ground)

Me: (Pull my hand back & loose any expression on my face) You're right I don't give a f*ck.

Classic.

Kudos for not caving in to the liberal touchy-feely PC crap.

Well I'm not a typical college student & I'm considered a Constitutionalist. I believe in unlimited personal freedom (kill yourself with herion & coke if you want it's your choice), only taxing importations (this also helps with outsourcing to other countrys & creates jobs) into the country not the citizens & certainly not taxing the sh!t out of the working rich & giving it to the theiving & undeserving poor (get a job & better your situation), not putting up with any sh!t from mediocre piss-ant countries like Pakistan or listening to fair-weather friends like the UN &who try & tell our soldiers what to do in comdat when their countrymen aren't even envolved & I beliee in legal imigration, if you aint here legally get the hell out & apply for legal entry into this country (I don't care if you are white, black broiwn yellow or any other of racial color or no matter what country you come from). My great grandfather Padriac had to wait a while to leave Ireland (he even had a chiild die before they could leave) but he did it legally!

Anywho just another taste of who I am Linky

Edited by Fukinitupagain

cause there's always someone that goes "You know you shouldn't have acted like that towards him. He's a person too.”

Dead right....You should have waited for him to pass. You should of offered him a hand up.....Oh no Wait....YOU DID :aok:

What more could you do? :aok:

I don't see the problem :beer:

Well let me tell you something, I aint no rich kid first off. I grew up poor as hell in WV in a city called Huntington, in the projects where I was the only white kid for like an 8 block radius. Second I aint no kid either; I'm 25, married & work as a custodian at night at an elementary school to pay bills & to pay for school (which I pay in cash every semester with no grants or scholarships). So if you think I am coming off as an elitist then yeah, I do think I am better than someone who doesn't want to bath & doesn't want to work for a living & wants to steal peoples stuff, get drunk & live off of my tax dollars that are stolen from me by a government I don't respect!

Anywho that’s my story & rant from today, later!

Gonna go out on a limb here and waste some of my time. It's not like at your age with your purported background your really going to change your mind or give another view any realistic thought, but hey, I've got a couple of minutes to waste, and it's my right LOL. I'll assume that since, as i've seen you post 2 or 3 times in various threads, being the only white kid for an 8 block radius in the projects of Huntington WV, that you realize already that life is not a movie. It does not always include happy endings. It is rarely fair. And it is never as simple as black or white. The projects you've lived in, those un-bathed masses you feel are draining your ill-gotten tax dollars from you, are not the disease, but a symptom. Not a cause, but an effect. And like our health care system fails to admit, you can't cure a disease by combating the symptom only. You can direct your obvious anger and fear(also a symptom), at the (insert current group ie.Christians,Jews,muslims, illegal immigrants, blacks, gays, drunks, smokers, mentally ill, handicapped) like the majority of people of your great grandfather Padriacs' era did. Blaming the Irish immigrants for taking work and causing the social unrest they projected on them. But your only contributing to the disease. Same patterns, same narrow perspectives, same anger and fear, different times. When will we evolve out of this cycle?

I was with you most of the way. Silly fskc ran into you. It was good of you to try to help him up. That was big of you. I was thinking maybe he was trying to scam you for some quick cash. You lost me after he spit on you. Seriously, what are you going to college for? What good would it have done to kick his ass at this point? Did you consider that fact that people who go through the day drunk and un-bathed, smelling of piss, might not be all there? The guys already at the bottom of life, what are you going to do to him that could really hurt him? Put him in the hospital where you and i will pay for his room and board? Give him some reason to sue you? Beat someone who's already been broken? Come on man, what good would being the tough guy have done you? Now you claim you don't care about other peoples judgment of you, but hey, then why the hell even post this crap? To vent? Or to troll for an argument?

I guess that i'm playing devils advocate here and taking your bait, but although you may feel your perspective is unique, my experience finds it to be pretty common. At least with men at my rung of the socio-economic ladder. Your political views are reminiscent of a "survival of the fittest" mentality. I would agree that our current system is broken, but to regress 4 million years doesn't seem the answer. I believe what makes us human is our compassion. To suffer, and from that suffering learn not only to avoid it in the future, but to try to prevent it from inflicting others. Without it we might as well be swinging from trees (by our arms i mean lol).

I hope i'm not alone in this perspective. I find that people with yours tend to be the more vocal. And then, since people with mine tend to prefer not to waste their time (they're smarter than me), they stay silent. Which intern continues to empower your arguments, giving you the opinion that your way is the only way, so you must be right. I hope your not. But who cares. I'll be dead in a few years anyway LOL. Probably run over by a bum on a bicycle. Hope your shoulder is ok. Flame away :crossedwires:

Oh, and nice colt. Be sure to keep it clean. It was an engineering marvel in it's day, but as my personal experience has affirmed, and as it's been recorded in history, it's close tolerance design lends it to be a bit of a princess. the debate since Vietnam. High velocity round designed to wound, or low velocity round designed to kill(5.56vs7.62 /M-16vsAK). Ultimately, you can drag an ak behind a truck through the mud for 10 miles and it will still put rounds down range. Similar concept that led your grandfathers 30-30 platform to be so successful. I haven't had a M16 issued to me yet that i could say the same for. No thread hijack intended. goodnight... damn i hate typing...

Edited by PDCCD

Now you claim you don't care about other peoples judgment of you, but hey, then why the hell even post this crap? To vent? Or to troll for an argument?

First off let me say that I am not flaming nor am I trying to bait anyone or troll, I am simply telling a story. I understand that you have your opinion & I probably have mine but I in no way do I feel that I need to attack yours nor do I feel that I need to "take you down" in any sense. I would however like to retort to a few issues mention if I may (by the way it was well written).

being the only white kid for an 8 block radius in the projects of Huntington WV, that you realize already that life is not a movie. It does not always include happy endings. It is rarely fair. And it is never as simple as black or white. The projects you've lived in, those un-bathed masses you feel are draining your ill-gotten tax dollars from you, are not the disease, but a symptom.

I understand that this life is not a movie, I know that people in America are three times more likely to go to jail as to attend college much less graduate. Believe me I know, hell I had three of my best friends either killed by someone or killed themselves before I could graduate high school. I grew up watching a bunch of crackheads & dope feigns trying to figure out how to get there next fix, but this is where you & I differ, I believe that these people have done this to themselves, not society or whatever. I will gladly lend a helping hand to someone who wants it, not needs it, because if you are not willing to do it on your own or for yourself there is no need for me to waste my time or energy on the matter or the person. I don't believe in helping everyone, sorry.

Coming from such an impoverished area of one of the poorest states in the country, I understand that many of them don't want help nor do they want to make their situation better, they simply want there hand-out so they can go & do whatever they feel like with it. That’s not a symptom that's their choice & I don't feel it's necessary for me to have to pay for their choice. I wouldn’t expect someone else to pay for my choice of going to college.

I believe what makes us human is our compassion

I believe what makes us human is our ability for a higher thinking or thoughts & the knowledge that we can make decisions & choices as to why we do things in our own lives. Does a deer running in the woods know why it's do this, does a chicken in a hen coop understand why its sitting on a wooden platform laying eggs, no. But does a bum who has no home & reeks of piss & cheap booze know why he has stolen someone else’s property & them crashes into another, he should. He made that decision, to stay a bum. Now I say stay because it might not have been his choice to become one, circumstances might have forced him into it, but it has been his choice not to go to any one of about ten homeless shelters, who are there off of my tax dollars (there’s your helping hand), who will bath him, feed him, clean him up & set him up with work so that he can get back on his feet. But does he make the choice to go there & fix his situation, no. He prefers getting drunk, stealing & living in the park or on the playset of the elementary that I work at so that the kids can't play on it because of all of the feces. Dogs have compassion but not the ability for higher thinking, so they can't get out of a bad living situation.

I find that people with yours tend to be the more vocal. And then, since people with mine tend to prefer not to waste their time (they're smarter than me), they stay silent. Which intern continues to empower your arguments, giving you the opinion that your way is the only way, so you must be right

I find quite the opposite. All I see on TV are these sob stories about people from New Orleans who lost their homes in Katrina & I am supposed to feel sorry for them because they didn't want to pay for homeowners insurance & when they lost their homes they b*tch & complain about it. If you don't like it then the next time (if there is one) you should get homeowners insurance on your house, instead of looking to an inept government to take care of you when you make a poor decision.

I don't believe in Affirmative Action & have expressed the same views at a HSBC (Historically Black College or University) called North Carolina A&T Sate University, that I went to, in a Black History course, where I am the only non-black student out of about 70 & got either "I agree with you" or "I've never thought of it like that" or "I don't agree with you" but said the exact same thing in an Ethics class at UNCG, a predominantly white school, & was called a racists & a bigot. Now why is that, well it's because at A&T they were not worried about political correctness & were more concerned about the issue & how best to resolve it but at UNCG they are too worried about hurting someone’s feelings or emotions. Unfortunately or fortunately neither are protected by the Bill of Rights or the Constitution.

I find that most of America or at least the media & government & schools/universities wish us to help everyone instead of helping ourselves or the individual helping themselves first. Do you know why the people of Africa or Pakistan will never be on the same level of say the people of Japan (as far as economics, the general health & well fair of it's people)? It's because their own (Africa & Pakistan) governments don't care enough about it's people to help them. Instead they look to other countries to support them, not temporarily, but more on a permanent basis.

ON another note, this is my first AR-15 & I do have an AK so I understand it's like the Glock of rifles (you can beat it up, burry it, sink it in water/ice & pull it out & it still works great).

Edited by Fukinitupagain

Thank you for the mature and intelligent response. It will take me some time to give it the thought it deserves and type out a response, but i will get to it. I also apologize for my berating tone. I shouldn't write posts past my bed time. You deserve more respect than i gave you. Goodnight.

1st off can I say WTF? I can't remember EVER seeing 2 people disagree so well behaved and adult :aok: I take my hat off to you both.

I hope I can be as mature

I find quite the opposite. All I see on TV are these sob stories about people from New Orleans who lost their homes in Katrina & I am supposed to feel sorry for them because they didn't want to pay for homeowners insurance & when they lost their homes they b*tch & complain about it. If you don't like it then the next time (if there is one) you should get homeowners insurance on your house, instead of looking to an inept government to take care of you when you make a poor decision.

Talking of SOB stories. This one happened about a year ago here in NZ

(Short version)

An Islander mother had an oxygen machine to help her breathe (Few hours a day). Their power bill was overdue ($160) and they could not pay it, so the power company turned up to cut the power off (This doesn't happen overnight). They pleaded not to turn off the power off, but had no medical paper work to show they MUST have power on, so it got cut.

A few hours later she started having breathing difficulties. Her son asked "do you want an ambulance?" She said "No". She died. Now, the funeral is an expensive event for these people, running into the $10000's+. It was stated on the news that "The community will come to their aid in their time of need and pay for it.

Result: The power company was ordered to apologize and IIRC the worker who cut the power was fired.

My problem with this is (Just my opinion though):

1 An ambulance was offered and rejected

2 A doctor said this was not a "life or death" machine

3 IF this machine was "life or death" and needed by one of MY family THE BILL WOULD BE PAID. Selling anything and everything I've got if need be.

4 "The community will pay for the funeral" But they couldn't help with a power bill?

5 Far too many "DO GOODERS" got involved crying foul

In this country you never have to accept liability, there is always someone else to blame.

I've had enough of this PC bullochs.

My history?

Poor (I remember for my 8th birthday I got an Ice cream)

Father has declared bankruptcy twice

I got a kick swift up the a$$ if I was bad, not beaten. I survived.

Worked HARD for everything I own (Bought my 1st car myself, as I'm sure a lot have)

BTW Fuk...I'm all for helping those that help themselves too :aok:

Cheers :beer:

4 "The community will pay for the funeral" But they couldn't help with a power bill?

5 Far too many "DO GOODERS" got involved crying foul

These two might be my favorite here. I agree that it seems silly to "help pay" for a funneral that goes well in to the thousands of dollars (or is it pounds in NZ?) but couldn't help pay $160. All that is, is people looking back & thinking maybe I should have helped & feeling guilty. Hindsight is 20/20. I wonder if she had asked for help, money wise, to pay the bill from friends? In any event I am like you, if I really needed it or a family member I would've been down at the pawn shop hawking my crap for cash!

It sucks for he power company worker though. It wasn't his fault. What would have happened if he had left it on & nothing had happened to the woman? I'm sure he would've lost his job then too. Damned if you do & damned if you don't.

As for being an adult & being mature about the conversing, like I said I feel no need to knock anyone down for their opinion nor do I feel insecure in my own opinion or way of life. What works for me probably doesn't work for a lot of people. I enjoy conversation where people don't always totally agree with one another, that's what makes life interesting.

Wow! A civil, polite discussion of opposing view points. Nice... :clap:

See, I said it was possible!! Hey Red, I'm right again, second time in a week!!! :tonguefinger:

B

Oh, for the record, I prefer the AK. More versatile round and I didn't need a manual to field strip and reassemble it. Kinda like my Makarov, another good ruski firearm. ;)

Oh, for the record, I prefer the AK. More versatile round and I didn't need a manual to field strip and reassemble it. Kinda like my Makarov, another good ruski firearm.

Plus you can buy bulk ammo for cheap (.223 is expensive these days). I also have a highly modified 1949 Mossin Nagant M44 (7.62x54R) thats a blast to shoot...nbo literally the muzzle blast is friggin huge!

The ability to create and control fire is what sets Humans apart from the rest of the creatures on this planet.

LOL. When my Pitbull farts I see smoke coming from her...next step, fire...trust me she controls it too, she makes sure she holds it until she is getting into her chair & stretchs out for maximum damage!

Alright, sorry to take so long. I get too busy during the week for any lengthy replies. And in an effort to maintain the illusion that i have something better to do on a Saturday night than cruise the Internet, i'm going to try to be brief.

First I'd like to clarify my previous intentions. My primary goal was to illustrate the futility and short sightedness of your anger. I'll remind you of the two axioms taught to you in the anger management class you attended. At least they taught them in mine. There are only two reasons to get angry. First, because the object of your anger was attempting to anger you. And, if they were to succeed, then you have empowered them, and failed yourself. Secondly, the object of your anger inadvertently or unknowingly slighted you. In that case, what kind of limited facilities are you operating with when you become angry over nothing? Ultimately my friend, the anger will only end up hurting you. But you know this already, i'm sure. Just a reminder.

As for the dregs of society, this is an issue as old as our species i suspect. I think i read Orwell write that there has always been and will always be the wealthy, the middle class, and the poor in any human society. The wealthy and the middle class will war to change their positions in the hierarchy, usually using the poor as cannon fodder, but the poor are always the poor. I'm paraphrasing and it's been some years, but i think i'm holding to his point. We're in a pattern that has been repeated over and over again. Those druggies that have influenced our lives (not that i find it relevant, but our backgrounds aren't dramatically different) are a symptom of a disease. Humanity is the disease. The only mammal that will consume itself into extinction. The level of duplicity in our species is incredibly bewildering. Our primary motivator, is greed. And it's our biggest undoing. Most of our traits are self-defeating and self-feeding. Eh, i'll stop myself here before i march myself down a familiar well worn path that leads off a cliff lol. My goal here is to outline a concept nearly lost on our modern egocentric society of hyper-individuals. Community. Not so much a word but a way of life, one that is primarily extinct today. We've exceeded population numbers that allow us to effectively manage and participate in our society. Degrading our communities, detaching us from the environment that sustains us, and walling us off from the other people around us. Allowing us to conveniently forget that they too are people, more like ourselves than not, so that we can judge them, blame them, condemn them, and forget them. It's easier that way, isn't it? It's only human. so human. :suicide: (I love that emoticon, so much drama lol). We've repeated this pattern over and over in written history,(Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, Incas,Carthaginians,Mesopotamians, British, Spanish etc.) with the same results. I just figure it would be nice to try something different, but it doesn't look like it will happen this time around either. :shrug: Maybe next time.

Compassion is the result of a higher level of thought. I agree that being human is to have the potential for higher thought, compassion being one of the symptoms of that thought. Most canine behaviorists agree that dogs are expert opportunists, but they don't posses the thought processes necessary for compassion. It's not unusual however for humans to mis-interpret or superimpose emotions on objects or species not capable of them. Dogs have been one of our favorite victims of this irrationality and the damage this regularly inflicts on them is self evident. A deer knows why it's running, or it dosn't run. A chicken chooses to roost off the ground to allow itself a higher vantage point in defense of predators. Our instincts play a larger role in our day to day interactions than we like to admit as well, without acknowledging them or understanding them. Which i figure, is primarily why we're doomed to repeat the same patterns of mistakes. These problems aren't as easy to alleviate as simply buying flood insurance or getting a bed in a homeless shelter or even just waking up and kicking a heroin habit. Thats a self-serving gross oversimplification of reality to assume so. But for now, that's where we'll have to agree to dis-agree i imagine. Ha, reminds me of a saying i heard once "If you've never failed at anything you've tried, then you weren't trying hard enough." LOL.

Ehh, anyway, i'm missing NCIS, thanks for the stimulating conversation. I wish i was able to dedicate the time to learn how to type as fast as i think so i could be more efficiently descriptive, but my fingers act as a choke point, and the frustration causes me to less than effective. Plus my lack of formal higher education lends me to be less than effective in the nuances of debate. Sorry if i'm hard to follow.

goodnight.

Oh, and i almost forgot, since everyone is so quick to damn the police ( which i tend to agree with in most cases ), i think that cop deserves an ataboy for work well. done.

Edited by PDCCD

As for the cop, my hat was definitely off to him. Most of the time, whether it be a simple traffic stop or whatever I usually get hassled by the police (it must be the tattoos & piercings). I'm sure they probably think that I'm some kind of wild-child living on the edge of society; meaning that they assume that I use/abuse some kind of drug if not drugs, but the simple fact remains that at 25 still have not drank alcohol let alone been drunk or done any kind of drugs recreationally. So yes he was a pretty cool cat to see what was really going on there.

I will say though that when I hit someone or fight more often than not I am not angry... at all. I get angry when I can't get the buffer at work to work properly or when I screw up on a test at school but when it comes to the attitudes & actions of others it rarely upsets me. I just assume to punch ya right in the mouth all the while smiling at ya. Most of the time the fighting doesn't come from an emotion out of me but more of a reaction, at least in my case that’s how it works.

But you are right there is an endless cycle that perpetuates the ineptitudes of the undeserving poor. This doesn't mean that all of the poor are undeserving of help it just means that many are satisfied being underachieving parasites of a society driven not by greed but the want to succeed & to be a success.

If you are my friend or someone that I love or care for it's not because society tells me that I should care for you or everyone else for that matter. My love is not given out flippantly nor is it given to you based on the simple act of you being born but rather it has been earned. If I don't want to help you it's my choice, just as if you don't want to help yourself then that’s your choice. In American society there is no excuse for not making it in life. We have no feudal system here. With hard work & a drive to succeed you can do anything in this country, but maybe not for long. Our government tries to make us all the same like with "no child left behind" act. It dumbs down everyone else to the lowest common denominator & instead of propelling those that are smarter it holds them back like a weight tied around their neck, never allowing them to reach their full potential.

I used to work beside a homeless shelter & when we would come out for our lunch breakers there they'd be bumming for money saying "I just want to get something to eat" & us knowing good & well that they were getting 3 good meals a day at the shelter. So I would say to them "no I won't give you any money, but I'll get you a meal if you want" (there used to be a little Mom & Pop diner there too). In 2 years working there I only had one person take me up on my offer & I bought that old man as much as he could eat every time I saw him but the rest would simply curse at me, mutter to themselves & try to "steal" money from someone else. I bought that man food because he wanted to eat; he didn't want money to go & buy a 40oz. & get drunk on my money.

I understand your position but I don't care to help everyone. I help those that I choose. There are many who don't deserve help (as you can tell I am a horrible Christian) & to that end I don't care to help them, unless they are willing to get a little hand up & do the rest themselves.

Who would run to my aid if my world came crashing down? What government has denied my wife & I financial aid for college because it says that our combined taxable income is too much at $24,000 a year but will turn around & steal my money it out of my check, that I've earned to hand it over willingly & give it to some never-going-to-be-worth-a-damn welfare bunny popping out kid after kid because they are too lazy to go out & work for a living? Our government tries to pass laws mandating compassion & all it does is make the situation & the attitudes of people (mine included) worse.

My wife is a great example of coming from nothing: She has never met her father nor does her mother, if you can call her that (she is merely the person who gave birth to her) know who he is, my wife grew up in the projects & trailer parks of Louisville KY with cockroaches running over her body & head at night while she slept on a damp mold-infested carpet while her mom was in the back getting high & fornicating with any man who would take her home from the bar. The first 8 years of my wife’s life her head was infected with lice & fleas, eating very little & learning much on how not to live your life. Her mother never worked, unless you count selling dope out of the back bedroom, turning tricks & working at the local strip club as a "cocktail waitress." My wife has a younger sister who was fathered by a man married to someone other than Cindy (my wife's mother) of who my wife has raised. When my wife was 14 she couldn't stand living off of welfare & food stamps & living in the conditions like she had all her life, so she called social services who came & arrested Cindy & then gave the kids back to her! My wife then began to ask anyone & everyone in her family to help her & her sister out & allow them to live with them. They were shuffled around for a couple of years, all the while my wife was working as either a hostess or a waitress in restaurants to pay their way. She finally graduated high school (something neither her mother nor grandmother did) & pulled herself out of what should have been expected of her (dropping out of HS & getting knocked up like everyone else in her family). She then decides she wants to go to college & moves to NC & pays her way through college, in cash every semester, because our government said that because Cindy didn't file any taxes they couldn't grant my wife any scholarships or grants that are economically base & supposed to be for "poor kids" trying to go to college. My wife's mother doesn't call her on her birthday, Christmas or any other holiday or any day for that matter & her mother didn't even show up (she only had to go 300 or so miles) to our wedding 2 years ago & we were willing to pay for her to get there & back, plus room & board & food while she would be there. It has taken my wife longer than it should've but she is nearing the end of her undergraduate bachelors degree & after she graduates plans on going to law school. She maybe the strongest person I've ever met, even if she doesn't think so (she doesn't think that she is strong because she cries at AT&T commercials on TV but at the same time I watch laugh at living with lice & fleas & not having anything to eat growing up). My point is, if anyone has ever deserved help it would be her but it never came & she sure as hell didn't sit around with her hand out waiting for it to come, she's done it on her own & made her own way in what we call life while her mom somehow still sits around drinking & smoking dope & getting that government check every month.

Help & compassion, no matter how big or small has to be earned, not given out freely or because we are required by law or society to.

Edited by Fukinitupagain