Power Windows/Locks not functioning

Punkfinder

Hi Guys,

93 SE-V6 here.

My windows and locks quit working a few weeks ago. When I push the driver side window down button, there is buzzing coming from under the passenger side kick panel (The other window buttons and locks do nothing when pressed). I checked the relays and even replaced one, but didn't solve the problem. I dug deeper and found a beige-colored box about 3-4" long called an amp assembly. When I try the driver side window down button, this buzz is definitely coming from this amp assembly box. Nissan wanted $160 for a new one so I picked one up at the junkyard for cheap. Plugged it in, same buzzing noise from the new-used amp assembly!!!

I should add that I'll occasionally get the driver's side window to move a 1/4" or so but then it quits.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Did you check your window motors? they could be worn out. check ebay for repacement motors w/ tracks. they cost less than the dealer price and are usually built with pulleys instead of glides which makes them more durable over time. If your glides broke the motor may be tangled up with all the loose cable. check the wireing to the swtitches. I know that if you unplug the passenger switch the driverside over ride cannot move it either.

Checked motors. They appear to be fine. But it's not just the windows, it's also the power locks that aren't working. All I'm getting is the buzzing noise from the amp assembly. Could the power locks and power windows not functioning be separate problems?

I'm stumped, any other suggestions?

Edited by Punkfinder

I had a toyota with a similar problem. In my case it was the switch assembly itself. If the master switch is bad, there's power through the amp but none of the doors or locks work. Try a new master switch assembly; if it is shorted out it can lock up the whole system.

Yes thats my suggestion too, check for any shorts in the wiring or dirty contacts on the switches etc.

Also check the wiring harness plug itself where it plugs into the amp assembly, especialy if the power and earth leads are secure.

Failing all this it might be a simple case of opooing into an auto sparky for some advise?