Water pump

beastpath

A Nissan unit isn't much more than the $50 Autozone ones. Now, I'm being unnecessarily paranoid, I suppose, but since the timing belt is critical and a bad waterpump can lead to a broken engine when the timing belt snaps, I tend to go genuine Nissan for that.

ITM a good brand? Parts Dinosaur has them for ~ $37. Im going to have to call the stealership for a nissan price.

i use him all the time for my gasket sets..... and the gaskets are ITM as well. :aok:

I bought a non Nissan water pump when I did my first timing belt. It went bad a couple of months later and there I was doing the T-belt/Water pump change again.

Now my rule is if it's deep in the engine, or a pain in the ass to R & R, I'll go with a Nissan part. Of course I've never ever had a problem with other jobber parts.

I bought a non Nissan water pump when I did my first timing belt. It went bad a couple of months later and there I was doing the T-belt/Water pump change again.

Now my rule is if it's deep in the engine, or a pain in the ass to R & R, I'll go with a Nissan part. Of course I've never ever had a problem with other jobber parts.

My thoughts exactly. If a non-Nissan accessory belt goes, it's not the end of the world. If a non-Nissan water pump goes bad, you get to redo everything on the front of the engine...