Door Chime

pktzygt

OK, my door chimes whenever I open the door (headlights on or off) Does anyone have any insights? A little backround: I bought the truck and it has been doing it ever since. I haven't even found the part that makes the dinging sound. Where is it? I could probably re-wire the thing to only chime when the lights are on, but i want to know what is wrong with it. I've been pre-occupied with the auto-manual swap, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean

Sounds like the ignition tumbler is worn out (thinks the key is still in). I have had that same issue with other vehicles, notably if they are high mileage.

Try wiggling the key as you withdraw it and see it that cures the problem. If so, you may want to budget for a new ignition lock set.

I can not think of anything else, maybe one of the gurus can.

Might be caused by the seatbelt also.

I'll have to look int the seatbelt thing, but it doesn't seem to matter if it is buckled or not. I'm thinking the ignition sounds logical. I'll probably end up re-wiring the chime to work when i want it to since the dome light seems to work still. I just hate to do the wiring.... It'll just be a mess.