Quick Question

Kittamaru

I see on the NPORA main page that it's stated the 1990 Pathy had Anti-Lock breaks... is this true? I don't belive mine does... but then again mine is an SE with a 3spd auto not a 5spd manual and I'm just kind of confused - is the info on the general info page wrong or...?

I see on the NPORA main page that it's stated the 1990 Pathy had Anti-Lock breaks... is this true? I don't belive mine does... but then again mine is an SE with a 3spd auto not a 5spd manual and I'm just kind of confused - is the info on the general info page wrong or...?

if you do have abs, like i do, its rear wheel abs only. kinda :crazy: but i find i can stop better with this pathy than my dads with 4 wheel abs.

Oh? You have a picture by chance? (there's a LOT of stuff midway back on the truck, especially when you dont' have any way to lift it to get your big head fully under it :P )

there's a LOT of stuff midway back on the truck,

No, there isn't. Not on the inside of the frame rail. Only other things there are gas and brake lines. It's about 3"x3"x2". If you look from the drivers side across you'll see it if it is there.

I have one on my 95 LE.

I just found it on friday & had no clue what it was.

it has a brake line going in, one going out and a plug with a few wires.

I had no idea that I even had abs.

Is there an easy way to tell if it is working?

I tried to lock up my brakes at around 30mph to no avail.

long story short. I can't get the brakes (front or rear) to lock up unless I'm on gravel or ice. then the front will.

I bled all 4 corners to flush out old fluid after almost slamming into a slow moving senior citizen while going 65mph.

I almost put my foot through the floor and got very little response, I swerved into the left lane at the last second almost clipping a honda that had just passed.

after bleeding, the rears seem to be working more than the front (feels like rear is dragging instead of front dipping slightly) which is not good with all of the rust holes in the frame back there, and they still won't lock up (front or rear)

I heard a pffffft sound when i loosened the rear passenger side bleeder so there was definately air in there. but I need to know whats going on with the fronts.

Master cyl seems to be working. I put my foot on the brake pedal before starting it and the pedal dropped when I did start it.

Any ideas???