Website design

ILoveMyPatty

I was wondering if anyone would be able to design a website for me. I'm unsure of what it takes to create a website that's appealing, so I'm just asking. Is anyone able to create one? I have Paypal for payment, if I could figure out how to use it.

The website is for my parents fishing resort, they're having a rough time with getting bookings the past couple years, and I was thinking that if our website was updated then it might attract more people. It also doesn't come up on google searches until the 6th or so page.

Anyway, it's a rustic fishing resort in the interior of BC, Canada and we've been running it for twenty some odd years.

This is the page that we have right now.

http://www.circlew.com/

I think the site looks OK as is (maybe the font size could be bigger and better use of the sides but thats about it). It loads fast, all the links I looked at work, everything is pretty clear. I have seen much worse.

I would try approaching the web site designer and see what it would take to get a better result listing on Google. And do not forget the tourist associations that are supposed to help. What are they doing for your parents?

And that part of BC is very nice, best of luck to your folks on keeping that going.

Edit, did a bit of a search, seems there are 2 Hi Hium resorts. That may be a bit of the issue. Wonder how many reservations the the other one gets that maybe should have been yours? That will be a tougher one to deal with.

There are actually three. And we have lost business that we know of. The usually try to contact them again several years after, and end up with us, which they say was a good thing.

We have no current listings that I know of with any tourist associations.

The website is old... my mom seems to think at least 6 years old. I'm not too fond of the layout or the background. There needs to be a gallery, with more pictures as well.

if you ever want to get on the first page of google and dont feel like paying for SEO or waiting the few months that it takes to get up top in organic results, you can always check out http://adwords.google.com << you can get up in the sponsored results in less than an hour, and you only pay when people click on you (its dubbed pay-per-click in the search engine world) - you choose your own search terms and you can also do ad scheduling, to only show ads on certain days or times

you can also turn your ads on and off anytime you like

Whenever i look for rentals... the first site I go to is craigslist.

Start a craigslist account - its works wonders - not only by people directly on CL - but if you make a good ad with lots of keywords, a few pictures, a few links, that craigslist ad will show up on google within 24 hours and most likely have better placement than your website!

unfortubnately the ads only last 7 days so thats why you gotta keep posting

Edited by FUELER

Wicked, thanks for the ideas guys. Maybe we'll start getting some postings if I can get an ad up on Craigslist. The thing is, 98% of our customers are from the Pacific Northwest.. WA, OR... so not around here. So I'd have to put ads up for everywhere, that could take some time....