Fan clutch issues

zack1978

Hi everyone,

I think the fan clutch is dead on my 1995 Pathfinder after 176,000 miles. I was on a road trip this past weekend, and I noticed that on the highway that my temp gauge was staying low and the truck was seemingly not getting to the proper operating temp. Then I pulled off the highway, and I heard the howl/whooshing of the fan clutch on. The outside temp was in th 20's so there was no need for a fan clutch being on. So now it seems that my fan clutch is staying "locked" at all times. In the past the only time the fan clutch would ever kick on was in the very very hot days of the summer. So it does sound as if my fan clutch is done correct? How hard is it to replace? How much should the part be at the dealer? Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks,

Zack

If it was me I would, but thats because I have a fear that aftermarket parts will fail earlier or not perform as well as the originals. Although I've been proven wrong.

Here are some prices. Cheaper than I thought.

Linky

I've installed many, many Beck/Arnley parts and have always been perfectly satisfied. Most made in Japan. Many looking virtually identical to original Nissan - enough so that I suspect Beck/Arnley is selling the exact same parts made by the exact same manufactures as the Nissan badged parts.

Changing the clutch is 8 bolts if I recall correctly. Plus 2 screws on the fan shroud. A bit of a pain in knuckles, but pretty easy. Try to avoid smashing all the radiator fins!

• 6 months later...

Did you get this fixed yet? If not...

I pulled the fan and fanclutch off of my old 1988 Nissan Pathfinder, and I'll sell it to you for cheap!

I can't warranty this part, but it worked when my truck last ran, and it spins free by hand right now.