TO BE OR NOT TO BE

Guest pennypathfinder

Guest pennypathfinder

Hey All.....I have a 1997 pathy without 4wd and the question that has struck me is if it is worth it to put the 2 inch coil lift and rancho9000 shocks to allow 31 inch all terrains....I have an offroadin soul and am in deep need of some advice. I have takin my R50 offroadin many times and it does well but i do have to be honest...i have gotten stuck many times and i am wonderin if the lift and all the other stuff will make my offroadin experince alitte more enjoyable even without 4wd??????HELP!!

get the best tires you can afford. Lift kits will allow you to go through deeper mud and larger rockpiles. If you have some nice mud terrains, they will help your 2wd situation out more than any other mod i can think of

you could do pretty well offroad with a rear locker, some aggressive tires and the lift kit...

if you really wanted to try some tuff stuff, but be quite a bit slower, you could get a winch on the front too... that's always good insurance!!

All of that stuff would help your rig perform better off road, but you should ask yourself how far you want to let the mods go. If you really want a four wheeler capable of doing anything, your best bet would be to get a 4wd vehicle (Pathfinder, of course ;) ). But if you just want better all around performance to have a bit mure fun and just mess around with, then go for the lift kit. There are a few lifted 2wd's around here (actually, one of the TOTM's this month, correct?), and they are doing just fine :D

Guest pennypathfinder

I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION!!!!

WHAT ARE REAR LOCKERS??? and what about the the bf goodrich tires??? should i get all terain or mud terrain.......wont the mud terrain wear down a lot quicker????

i looked at the car domain website of the jacked up r50's and that has reinspired me to drop money in my vehicle. As much as i want my pathy to be 4wd ill have to make the best with what i have

and what would a CAMBER ADJUSTMENT DO

also will new struts do anything more or can i wait on those??

rememeber i am a freshmen in college and i only have so much cash so i have to space it out.....should i go with the lift first.

LOL! one more question....i just took out my muffler and straight piped it....it sounds pretty good....like a really loud import with a liitle more rumble to it...if i put something like a flomaster 40 series or something like that would it make it sound like it had some bigger balls...aka...more intimidating

The question to ask yourself is "Do I feel lucky".....oh....sorry.....How much do you drive on road? I am getting ready (saving$$$) to get myself a set of rock crawler rims and a some mud tires. I am keeping my BFG AT's on the stock rims for daily driving since my truck spends 80% of its life on the streets.

The BFG Mud Terrains wear really well. I'm 40K miles into mine with plenty more to go. But they're spendy, and the reviews say the Kumho MT's are just as good for way cheaper. As for the flowmaster, yup, it will give you a lower rumble and nice tone without being as loud as a straight pipe.

Guest pennypathfinder

WILL I BE ABLE TO GET 32's on there or just 31's after the lift???? if i can get 32's on there will i have to cut some stuff....

I AM BUYING THE LIFT KIT AND RANCHO SHOCKS TOMMOROW....IT GOING TO CREATE A NICE HOLE IN MY POCKET

I have the AC 2" lift kit (Struts, Shocks and four coils) and I could easily fit a set of 32's. I have 31" BFG AT KO's right now, but I have this alignment problem I need to resolve before the new tread goes on.