Need Strut Spacers?

moto-m

I am going with a 2" ac lift, but I am still a little confused about if I should get strut spacers and what size? Anyone have any pics with/without spacers? Does it make a big difference in leveling out the truck? Will the front sag after awhile without the spacers? Thanks for the help.

The truck normally sits with about a 2" "droop" in the front for optimal handling. A popular option for leveling out your truck after a lift is either a 1" or 2" spacer. 1" is much more popular and is better on you suspension in the long run. As for sagging, your truck will look like it has 3" of lift after installation, but after a few months the springs will get broken in and will be closer to the 2" of advertised lift.

Would it be "dumb" to just get lift springs for the front to try to level it out? I'm not gonna run anything larger than a 31 anyway. I only have 30s right now. Are the spring rates of AC and OME different from stock?

You can stack however many you want to get your desired thickness. Like selective shims. Many professional race teams including F1 uses shims in suspension components for adjustment. This is what I wanted to do. But after reading ill effects of shims here on NPORA and being able to fit the 32" tire I wanted without them I left 'em out.

Moto-M are you just going for the look of a level truck or trying for more lift?

Edited by Kirk

Just FYI, I fit 32" BFG's on my stock suspension R50 with mediocre trimming.

Could you turn? I could fit my 32's (before lift) if all I wanted to do was run the 1/4 mile :lol:

Not at first! When I pulled out the tire shop, it was rubbing terribly on the smallest bumps even just going straight! The few turns i did were a nightmare.

I pulled right back in to the shop and me and some mexicans started hacking up the fenderwells.... all the mudflaps went in the trash.... we finally got it to be driveable but still lightly rubbing on turns and bumps.

Then I did another full day of trimming... hollowed out the rear fender flares and attached them with zip ties.... baja style

Now im back to 31's and i have hacked fenders for no reason LOL!