C.V. recomendation

Kirk

Hey, Does anyone have a recomendation or experience with C.V. (constant velosity) joints/shafts? I need a QUALITY replacement. Is Nissan OEM the best way to go? Or is there a good aftermarket company someone would recomend. Also new vs. reman? I just finished my lift and noticed the right inner joint was binding. Being in a rush i did not pay too much attention to it. Now after screwing around in the snow it's making a knocking noise on acceleration. Thanks for the info.

post-4818-1202851354_thumb.jpg

Hey, Does anyone have a recomendation or experience with C.V. (constant velosity) joints/shafts? I need a QUALITY replacement. Is Nissan OEM the best way to go? Or is there a good aftermarket company someone would recomend. Also new vs. reman? I just finished my lift and noticed the right inner joint was binding. Being in a rush i did not pay too much attention to it. Now after screwing around in the snow it's making a knocking noise on acceleration. Thanks for the info.

post-4818-1202851354_thumb.jpg

I bought the new ones from 4x4parts.com, i think they are about 100 a piece. Ive had lots of fun in the snow with them and my sister (retard) left it in 4wd on dry pavement for an hour or so (30 miles) and they arent giving me any problems. With the lift, get manual locking hubs so you dont put stress on the CV axles until you need 4wd.

lookin good, your location says that your from WI but the plates on the truck are from CO, so which is it?

Just moved to Wisco a few months ago. Lived in indian Hills, Co. Plan on keeping the plates untill they expire. No reason to throw the DMV more money.

I'd check your local laws first. Some states get mad if you don't register your vehicle within a certain time frame after moving to that state. I got fined myself just for not getting my DL changed right away.

Edited by SnowSurfLax

Well, since I started getting legal advice in this post, I decided to do some research myself. This is what I decided to run: GSP Part # NCV53128. GSP is a world premier company and one of the largest manufacture of C.V. components in the world. They manufacture an all NEW Shaft for $68.79 [R50's ](w/ a lifetime warr.). To answer my own question about new or reman. This is what i found out:

NEW- Every component is completely new and no core to deal with. Manufactured under ISO certification.

REMAN- You are at the remanufactures discression of what they replace. Thats why costs are all over the board. Some reman companys use the old inboard joints and have lower tolerences for rebuilding than OEM specs.

The site is www.gspnorthamerica.com. I spoke with the tech dept from the phone number on the site. I was amazed that they spent so much time answering all my questions for a guy only going to purchase one or two shafts from them. They claim to build a shaft that in most cases exceeds OEM quality.

So I ordered two shafts today (less than $150.00 shipped). Left and right are the same part number. Nissan wanted upwards of $500.00 for OEM. Most reman units were $100.00

Thanks all for your input.