does anyone make a rear disc conversion for 01 pathy

shortysmash

Hey now, I can delete that post... and mine where I was hallucinating certain QX4 parts if you prefer?!

thats not necessary...nothing wrong with having a little fun online...ive said my share of retarded things, but if you did that it would make me look really stoooopid

i posted this topic less than a month ago to get info to convert my 02, and i was told that no one has done it and i would have to experiment. The only good info i got was that the 97 pathys had a disc brake option, and i would have to get a rear axle and see what i could come up with. I also thought that maybe an axle off of an exterra post 05 they are equiped with rear discs. Also maybe a maxima or somthin. GOOD LUCK

the 97 pathys had a disc brake option, and i would have to get a rear axle and see what i could come up with. I also thought that maybe an axle off of an exterra post 05 they are equiped with rear discs.

You mean 1995 Pathy. If you try to fit an '05 Xterra axle under your truck, be aware that there's virtually nothing that's compatible with the Pathfinder, so it would be a ton of very expensive custom work. Plus, the rear end isn't even a Nissan part, it's a Dana rear end, and they have gained a bad reputation for exploding because they use inexpensive parts that aren't strong enough.

Edited by XPLORx4

lol you're making it too complicated. Find a rear disc thats about 10-11" across with a 6.5-5 and a center bore of 4" or bigger. Newer mitsubishi montero rear discs would probably work great for this. Then for the caliper, you need to find one with a lever mechanism for the parking brake. Some mid 80s caddys were like this. Then just get a custom caliper bracket built.