Mileage problem...oh oh !

indomwe

I was reading the Mileage thread the other day then went and checked the mileage we have and discovered a major problem. Our odometer is NOT working, the speedo works fine but we are not clocking up mileage. This is no good, we will never catch up to the high mileage pathy's unless I get this fixed, and that aint no good ..!!!! :shiftyeyes:

Can anyone enlighten me on what the problem might be ? its a 95 and I think I read somewhere on the forum that the speedo is electric ? would that also be the same with the odometer?? Perhaps the electric gremlins are still playing funny buggers with our truck?? Gezz ........what next !!

could be the whole instrument gauge, many people have had to replace there instrument gauge. ill tell you right now that both my speedometer and odometere are not working. and for some reason its not high on my priority list to fix.

I try to always calculate my mileage(yeah ima geek) so not having a working odometer is absolutely a PITA!!! When I bought the truck both Speedometer and odometer were dead. I replaced the cluster with a cluster with a working speedometer but a bad odometer! I have just received my 2nd cluster yesterday(both speedometer/odometer are supposed to work) which I'll install today!!

FYI- Ive purchased both clusters from"parts for sale" posts on this forum, check it out cuz theres a cluster there now!! I almost bought it also!! ------------------Its the post that says couple parting out 95SE-------------------

Edited by 95shakinPF

OK, I just replaced the cluster and everything is fine with the speedometer and the odometer. However, the tach stopped working!! I tried swapping from one cluster to another and it moves slightly but wont work!!! I cant catch a F&@$ break! Apparently it is asking too much to ask for a complete cluster to be good!!! Well good luck and I guess Ill deal with it for a while until I can locate a good tach!!!