Snorkel made for R50

parthy

SNKNAV5x.jpg

Hard to tell from the angle but is it sticking up higher than the hood? if so that might be awkward for us people that have the steering wheel on the correct side. :tongue: Just kidding! Anyway it is great news to hear there is actually one designed specifically for out trucks. I will be lookin into one down the road.

Well, as far as being able to see, it looks to be pretty much in the same place that vengeful's is... I dont think his bother's his.

I guess we'll have to ask Bobby when he installs his, if he can see it from his pass side.

• 3 weeks later...

I contacted the folks at 4WD Systems about their snorkel for the R50. Here is their answer:

> Hi Arnoldo,

> Snorkel kit comes with DIY kit, fitting guide, template and Ram top.

> They are manufactured from UV stabilized polyurethane black plastic,

> but are now available in colours and even 'glow the dark'!

> 3 year warranty.

> Cost is $387AUD plus freight airmail $90AUD

>

> regards

> tom

So, total including shipping from Australia to Panama would be $477AUD (roughly $435USD). Not too bad. I really think I am going to order one of these, since we get LOTS of water here in Panama, and even when driving through the city streets you sometimes have to go through flooded sections of road.

My only concern is the fact that it seems to be designed for cars with the steering wheel in the "wrong" side. :D As mentioned by zonianbrat, it does seem to stick a little higher than the hood. Also, the "ram top" seems to sit kind of low, within the driver's field of vision. Does anyone seriously think this could cause a visibility problem?