Fender trimming

mudfinder

hey guys, i want to trim my front fenders. i have 33s and they rub like a mother. my fender is already starting to bend. does anyone have any suggestion on how to trim them? i want to do it myself.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest NissanD21man

Ebay has new aftermarket front fenders for around $60 each, primered, ready for paint. Make sure you drench all of the fender screws with penetrating oil well before the swap. I didn't do this on my pickup, broke off most of the screws and now there are only 3 holding the whole fender on. Probably a good idea to put neverseize(spelling?) on the screws too. Here in the upstate NY roadsalt, Nissan trucks automatically trim their own fenders :P

Hey fella's! Has anyone ever attempted BAJA fenders on a Pathy? Or has anyone seen them on a Pathy before? I see them on HB's all the time when I'm in AZ visiting. How hard would it be to fit? I would love to give it a try. sly

I know the rear would look goofey with the front gutted, but wouldn't you be able to cut the rears out also? Just another crazy a$$ idea I have. :shrug:

94 Pathy

• 2 weeks later...

u know i was acutally thinking of that today, i added my fender flares back on, i frist put them on the front to see if it will give it the prerunner look, but not a chance, i haven't seen any on pathys but i've seen alot on hardbodys and it tooks pretty good. also remember pathy fenders have that prerunner look to them real rounded.

Talk about a little mark-up.

I thought so too, but it looks like AC sells the pair and the other site sells them individually. I was thinking about these when my Pathy was wrecked, but the insurance co. wasn't too keen on that idea. sly

How would they know, just replacement fenders, right? Ah, if it's $280 a pair, then its a good deal.

Yeah, but it was at their approved shop. I wasn't gonna screw with fixing it, so it was either take it to a shop of my choice, which I probably should have done, or go to their shop and have everything guarunteed for as long as I own the truck (Progressive Insurance). I took the latter, as I didn't have any hook-ups at any local shops anyways. In the end, they should have just let me get the parts. The body shop gave the insurance the shaft on the final bill. :contract:

Just an FYI....The BAJA fenders stick out 4"...I'm guessing that is compared to the HB fenders? Does anyone know right off hand what a Pathy's fenders measure out? If it is close, I don't think I'm going to get them! Plus I have a 4door and the bubble works out onto the rear doors! Not good for a 4dr, but a 2dr it would look kickass! :bow:

Just my 2cents worth :aok: