Rough engine feeling

dirk

120km/h is about 74 miles. No lights come on just feels rough and I can feel it vibrating the accelerator pedal and even if I have a passenger they can feel it also.

I don't feel it in the steering wheel I can feel it on the floor I really think its coming from the engine. I had all four tires replaced and balanced and even with the old tires the rough feeling was still there. Couldn't tell you with the tach needle was shaking my tach is broken.

It just sucks for me because thats the range of speed I go to work at everyday. I found out today if I let go of the gas at the speed the gritty feeling goes away, and If I idle at 120km/h the feeling eventually goes away but I'm almost home by then lol

When ever I drive between the speed of 120-125km/h my engine feels really rough and gritty but anything before this or after this speed it feels fine.

Yeah these engines feel a little raspy around 3k rpm i've only ever had mine up to 5k rpm and that was an accident when i was trying to pass some moron and i floored it. its quiet at 5k rpm though :blink:

It just sucks for me because thats the range of speed I go to work at everyday. I found out today if I let go of the gas at the speed the gritty feeling goes away, and If I idle at 120km/h the feeling eventually goes away but I'm almost home by then lol

My guess is that you have a u-joint on one of the driveshafts going south. Failing that, could be an axle or wheel bearing.

Feeling a vibration in the floor would indicate a problem with underneath toward rear of vehicle! I read that you've replaced tires and had wheels balanced... have you tried rotating them(rear to front/front to rear) and see if the vibration shows in the steering wheel.Try this to rule out a possible bent rim.

Otherwise, it could likely be as stated....U-joint or exhaust....

Good Luck!!