Noisy passenger door

k9sar

95 pathy 4dr. Lately, I have noticed a wind noise from my passenger door. I have pulled on it, pushed on it, felt around it, etc but can't figure out why it has become so noisy. It's difficult to diagnose while I'm driving but it seems to be noisiest near the front of the door under the panel (below the door handle). Anyone else have this issue before? What was the root of the problem?

The seals around the glass are fine. I would expect to be able to change the sound by pulling the door tighter if the door seals were going bad or if it were loose but I will check them when it's light out. Never thought of the grommet for the wires.

I have the same problem, just haven't gotten around to fixing it yet. For me, its just a small part of the window seal thats no longer there. Its weird, because its a perfect piece of it missing; almost as if someone cut it out rather than it just got weak and broke.

If its not the window seal, could it potentially be a problem with the door itself? Maybe it got dented or warped over time, and it doesn't touch the window seals anymore. That would give only a small hole, but apparently it doesn't take much to get a lot of noise.

Maybe you could set up a test to see where the problem is coming from. Have one person sit on the inside of the car, and watch the door. Have someone else use a hose to spray the door from all angles (obviously with the door closed and window up). If the person inside notices any water coming into the car, he should be able to locate the hole causing the noise.

Just some ideas for you, might work, might not.

• 3 years later...

I have the same problem, just haven't gotten around to fixing it yet. For me, its just a small part of the window seal thats no longer there. Its weird, because its a perfect piece of it missing; almost as if someone cut it out rather than it just got weak and broke.

If its not the window seal, could it potentially be a problem with the door itself? Maybe it got dented or warped over time, and it doesn't touch the window seals anymore. That would give only a small hole, but apparently it doesn't take much to get a lot of noise.

Maybe you could set up a test to see where the problem is coming from. Have one person sit on the inside of the car, and watch the door. Have someone else use a hose to spray the door from all angles (obviously with the door closed and window up). If the person inside notices any water coming into the car, he should be able to locate the hole causing the noise.

Just some ideas for you, might work, might not.

I have the same thing with my seals. I thought I was the only one with the seal cut,I thought the guy I bought my truck from did it. Mine is on both front windows, close to the side mirrors. I have the noise problem and I put a small piece of foam in the seal that cut and it cuts my wind noise down.

I had the same problem on my passenger door. It looks like the seal just shrinks over time and it separated looking like it was cut. I put some black silicone on the outside and you can't notice it. But it still made noise till my buddy shoved part of a receipt into the inside part, quiet now lol.